ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tappets

When my engines tickin ova it makes a dodgey tappin noise and i think it might be the tappets! thats wot most people say!

what needs doin to em, tightenin? is it easy to do? how do u do it?

Al

you cna check the clearances when cold and adj if needed, but they make a tappy noise anyway.......

Skoda Fabia vRS

yes its fairly easy to do, theres a large thread on the RSC forum about it somewhere

i did mine and now the only noise my engine has is my induction kit and the alternator, my tappets are silent

you need a set of feeler blades.

You set them to the right valve clearance (when cold!) then lock them up.

got a haynes manual?

how dyou want to set clearances on the hydro tappets in a valver? arent they supposed to be 0,0 clearance? they are not that expensive after all, and if they are dodgy, its best and easiest to replace them...

Quote: Originally posted by maciek on 08 April 2003

how dyou want to set clearances on the hydro tappets in a valver? arent they supposed to be 0,0 clearance? they are not that expensive after all, and if they are dodgy, its best and easiest to replace them...
Its a clio RT.....the 1.4

E7J, finger tappets....