ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tar spots

Ph1 clio 172
hi all
has any 1 got any suggestion's on how to remove feckin tar spots or of any good products? the auto glym tar spot remover done nothin,
many thanks
cam,

1.2 Extreme
if the tar removal didn't work you could try some clay and see if that shifts it pal.

the detailing boys will be able to help you more

Broken Diesel Megane :(
autosmart tardis will actually melt the tar from your car. but is safe to use on paintwork. try getting a hold of that if you can.

failing that, maybe some aggresive clay, but will then probably require polishing.

106 GTi
How did you use the Autoglym Tar Remover, left on for a few mins it should dissolve it nicely.

Ph1 clio 172
cheers fellas will try any thin to stop my paint fealin like 50 grit,
any suggestion's on the best polish,
cheers cam

A well built VW
any suggestion's on the best polish,
cheers cam

can-of-worms.jpg

Ph1 clio 172
How did you use the Autoglym Tar Remover, left on for a few mins it should dissolve it nicely.

as it said on the bottle "apply to contaminaited area, leave for 2-3 mins and clean of with dry cloth or wash of with clean water, agitate if required," tryed agitating but i think it will nead a numatic drill to shift the dam things,lol
cam:(

106 GTi

as it said on the bottle "apply to contaminaited area, leave for 2-3 mins and clean of with dry cloth or wash of with clean water, agitate if required," tryed agitating but i think it will nead a numatic drill to shift the dam things,lol
cam:(

Clay should shear it off but it is not the safest option.

Repeated applications of the AG should get there in the end though.

As for polish recommendations, by hand or machine ?

Ph1 clio 172
cheers will try AG but faillin that will try the clay,
sorry wasnt clear on the polish i ment product,
cheers cam

Ph1 clio 172
hi all
has any 1 got any suggestion's on how to remove feckin tar spots or of any good products? the auto glym tar spot remover done nothin,
many thanks
cam,
I find it really hard to believe that the tar remover done nothing! Try rubbing harder!!

trust me i had my misses out their for hrs rubbin the dam things, lol
only kidin i rubbed it like you wouldnt believe an it made little if no differance, but will repeate this procces till it works or kills me wich ever comes first,
cam

106 GTi
hi all
many thanks
cam,
I find it really hard to believe that the tar remover done nothing! Try rubbing harder!!

Should not really have to rub to hard, the product is designed to dissolve it. I have it in 5 litre sizes so don't think twice about using lots. If I had a tiny 325ml bottle things may be different.

A well built VW
If your applying by hand. And dont want to spend £££'s on items. I recomend Meguires NXT wax. Very easy to apply and gives good results. A monkey could use it and not go wrong...

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/meguiars-nxt-generation-liquid-wax/prod_102.html

Example of the shine it gives:

DSCF1966.jpg

DSCF1951.jpg

The only trouble i find with this is it smells good enogh to eat , might be tempted if i miss breakfast lol

I have had good result from this too but durability is questionable

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Then be brave and use Megs #16

Builds those arms up lol!

Megs #16 (warning do a panel at a time and use very very thin layers!!!)

This piicture was taken two months after applying the wax

DSCF3566.jpg

And this happens when it rains

DSCF3380.jpg

Ph1 clio 172
thats the prob i only have 325ml bottle an i nearly used the lot but if it will make my paint as smooth as your's looks plus the help of some nxt wax then a 5ltr bottle may be required,
cheers cam
ps your car looks stunning,

Ph1 clio 172
i take it that megs #16 is pretty hard core stuff then how much does it cost? im not affraid of a bit of elbow grease!

Ph1 clio 172
when you say "not the most user freindly" what exactly should i be expectin from this product? or would it be best to get the misses to give it a blast first an see how she feals after,lol

BMW E92/Audi S3
weird, ive just came in from cleaning my car trying to get rid of tar spots and a thread pops up..

106 GTi
when you say "not the most user freindly" what exactly should i be expectin from this product? or would it be best to get the misses to give it a blast first an see how she feals after,lol

If you apply it to thickly it can be an arse to remove.

A well built VW
collinite 476 is a good durable wax and i never had any problems using it

I have just bought a tin of #16 to see how it compares