ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tarox discs and pads

i fitted tarox drilled and grooved discs and pad as soon as we have a mild day they screech all the time i copper greased the backs of the pads i even changed the pads i moaned to my supplier tarox sent new discs but they are doing it again any ideas why.................

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

My G88s and pads screeched to hell for the first while. Think it may be teh surface treatment tehy give them. Stop very well now but took a while to stop screeching and get to the performance they should be.

Just think you will have to go easy for loads of miles whilst you bed them in.

whats wrong with screeching? you fit grooved/drilled discs and sports pads but dont want them to make any noise??

TT 225

Quote: Originally posted by philip on 16 March 2004

whats wrong with screeching? you fit grooved/drilled discs and sports pads but dont want them to make any noise??
Err, yes? Ive never heard of uprated brakes normally screeching. Since when do they make noise?

any hard pad (i.e anything above 0.5 friction coefficient) is bound to make more noise when braking. Theres nothing wrong with that. I run 0.5-0.7 pads and they were professionally bedded in etc, they still screech in light use in town. Doesnt bother me at all.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Obviously brand/compound specific. Tarox stuff is recommended by many places for good stopping even when cold. There may be better pads but these may have trade offs like need warming up or squeal.

Down to use I guess. Dont go on the track so dont need pads for that use.

they are squealing more as they get warmer so i t nothing to do with what they are or were ment for and the pads are standerd renault one now and they still do it

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

I would definately say it is the glaze on the disks. Mine tend to rust a little when not used in the rain. This obviosuly wears off when u brake but think they have some nice coating that makes them look nice when new. I would go down some country lanes or quiet roads and drive with a few dabs of the brakes to slow down. It did take mine several 100 miles to reduce the squeal and now its gone after a few 1000.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Only other thing I can think of is the pads, were they new or old. If you are using old pads with new disks the pads may have worn into the old disks, if you know what I mean. So shape would be better suited to those and may not work so well on your new Tarox. If the pads are new, ignore me.

Livio, squeeling is usually, on a hard compound, caused by the pad vibrating, but since your pad isnt that hard i would look at means to solving it or reducing it.

Rd pads squeel when not aligned properly and vibrates, and this typically means the front of the pad is touching before the rear. Try this first though.

A series of stop from 60-80mpg to 5mph, at no point must you stop of pad material can be deposited on the disc and cause vibrations (this is also ALWAYS the cause of a vibrating pedal and mistaken for as a warped disc, if you actually know how hard it is to warp a disc youl understand, unless there is disc runout and thats usually dirt between the disc and hub).

Anyway, from 80 or so start with light braking force till you reach about 5 mph, then turn around and do the same but get progressively harder on the pedal. Do this over 7-10 runs till you are finally stomping on the brakes. But leave a little cooldown period between each run, typically the turnaround and speedup time is sufficient. This will bed the pad properly and is the correct way you should do it from new, the 200 mile method is time consuming and doesnt really burn the resins off as your meant to.

If this only works a little take your pad carrier off, chamfer the leading edge of the pad and apply copper grease to the back, or an anti squeel backing pad. Check the caliper slides aswell, the carrier should slide effortlessly along the slides, but corrosion means the front slide somtimes becomes sticky.