ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tax question.

wasn't sure where to put this. In an anpr world is it ok to drive without a tax disc but having payed for tax online? I don't have a permanent address at work yet so I'm not able to receive post. So what I'm planning is to buy tax, get the disc sent to my home address and drive back home on Friday.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I think that if you tax your car online you get 2 weeks I believe where you can drive your car to allow the tax disc to arrive. Although I believe it's an offence to not display a tax disc

Clio 182
If you buy online I think you are given a 5 day window where you can get away without displaying it. Pretty sure I read something like that when I did mine online recently.

My tax disc went missing once and when I rang up to get another the DVLA consider the car taxed so I'm guessing on anpr etc it will come up as taxed. But if you get stopped the police they can fine you for not having a valid tax disc displayed.

Evo 8 MR
Do the Police still do that these days?

Fine you for not having a piece of paper in the window?