ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TDC and fitting quote!!!

just got a quote from renault for TDC sensor and fitting they want £149!!!! Dunno what to do im not mechanically minded and been imformed on here that it most probably is the TDC sensor, (poor starting and engine cutting out). Im having a service next friday at a garage i trust should i just inform them and get them to fit and order the part?

cheers

rob

The new sensor is £25 then the new loom is £25 Fitments about half an hours labour so there not that cheap then gain they most likly have a 1 hour minimum charge.

Fitments not difficult though if you have the knowedge or anopther local good garage.

172 cup
Thats about how much I had to pay for mine. I had no choice though the car was undriveable and only Renault would pick it up for free

Skoda Fabia vRS
get the genuine part, the new ones are an improvement over some of the ones fitted to cars OE, a non genuine part probably wont be as good

172 cup
Thats about how much I had to pay for mine. I had no choice though the car was undriveable and only Renault would pick it up for free

How was your car playing up? Was it cutting out while driving?

cheers

Yeah wouldn't start most of the time, cutting out while driving, not reving properly just generally a total ballache and no b*****d could find out what was up with it.

After trying on the diagnostic 3 times it finally showed up as a wiring fault i.e tdc sensor

At the same time however I had to have the UCH computer replaced as my car was randomly indicating and windows were playing up etc.

Total cost I don't even want to go into but ever since it has been mint.