ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TDC loom

'92 172, Lotus Elise
when pulling my engine loom out, i accidentally pulled off the new bit of loom you can buy for the updated TDC sensor (172)

I've got 2 wires on the original loom - orange and white and the loom for the TDC sensor has A (cream) and B (pink)

can anyone tell me which way they're meant to go :eek:, or doesnt it matter

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
just look on ur old 2 pin connector look at what colour A is then look at what colour A is on ur new plug then solder the wire together

'92 172, Lotus Elise
I threw that away ages ago :(

didn't anticipate ripping it off

Last edited:
  Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Our engine is out and on the floor at the moment, if you don't have an answer by tomorrow afternoon I'll go check for you

BMW M135i
I don't *think* it matters as its just a hall effect device so it just creates a pulse. Although don't quote me on that.

Fiesta ST
Get it wrong and the car won't start. Just swap it around if it doesn't start. Just don't solder it yet.

A

ashy_gtt

Creates an ac voltage, might not matter which way they go. Not 100% sure tho

It does matter, it will run the wrong way round but will be a b**ch to start like Longy says... Wont hurt to try it either way tho and its a 50/50 chance :)

'92 172, Lotus Elise
I've not got an engine to test it on

would like to have my loom complete so that I can attach it to the engine before dropping the engine in, makes things a bit easier

Mondeo TDCI 130
It does matter as said, i rmemember a lad i used to work with getting it wrong, he was colour blind!!!