ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TDC Sensor Part Number

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
dont know off hand mate but they have moddified them now and you have to buy a new pieace of wiring loom, may still have old ones in stock best way is to check when you get it if it blue then it a moddified one if it black its the old type

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
R92534 |TDC SENSOR | CLIO 2 WIRE BLACK CONNECTOR | £14.00

is this the right one as it seems a little cheap. i been told they are like £40

pretty sure the part number is 8200436025 and is approx £19+vat ish.
and should be the same for the later 1.2 16v.

80MPG BEEZA
i went in for the tdc sensor and they only did the new one which is £25 and £25 for the bit of loom

Mondeo TDCI 130
you have to have the new loom! the plugs different! thats why there £40-50 ish!

i know! the new loom had a new piece so it can read the new sensor i had a look at it i just didnt buy it

yep, as far as i know you cant get the old sensors, all the ones we have had at work have had the piece of loom, unless you can buy them non genuine!

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
eurocarparts.com sell it as a direct change for my car so i doubt its the one with the new loom if its a direct swap over.

Mondeo TDCI 130
ask them mate, thats how they used to be from renault, i presume they must have been having problems with the plug/connection, when we have a new one at work it always comes with a new plug and little piece of loom.

Mondeo TDCI 130
yeah, just make sure you get the wires the same otherwise it will never go, do one at a time, so cut the top one off, solder that across to the top one on the new sensor, then repeat for the bottom one!

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
i know the tdc sensor causes problems when the car is hot(not on mine) when trying to start. but would it cause mine not to start from cold?

Mondeo TDCI 130
if it wont pic the signal up it wont start, hot or cold, obviously it could be something else! without looking or having it on diagnostic you cant really say what it is, good place to start though!

Clio II RS ph1
P4270424_thumb.jpg

In case you need to know how it looks like mate.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Were did you get that number from ? Im going off a clio 1.2 8v D7F 720 engine ( CB0A ) old number is 7700101969 ...... which then superseeded to 8200643171 which was then changed to 8200436025 and has now changed to 8200396919 - any of these 4 numbers will be fine

Im not aware of any tech notes on these ? if there is an upgraded version your best speaking to Renault

Last edited: