ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TDC sensor

hi all, having problems starting my car, i was wondering where the tdc sensor is on the 172 phase 1, can any one help! pleaseeeee!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I would assume that it is in the same place for the PH1 as it is for the PH2.

This is where it is on PH2, so look in the same place (its the same engine, just cable throttle on PH1 and fly by wire throttle on PH2.

Remove the airbox, then look in the space, its on the left, just above the gearbox. See the thread below for pictures. I've had the same thing, I did what this thread suggested, cleaned it up, its had a couple of little 'hiccups' since, but much better overall. You don't need to be too mechanically minded to do it also. ;)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showt...&highlight=tdc

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
hi, thanks!! found it and gave it a quick clean, fingers crossed it has sorted it! :)

Use some brake cleaner, then wd40 it...mine wasn't perfect the next day but since then (touch wood) its been fine. :)