ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TDC?

Honda & VW
Think i may replace my TDC sensor this weekend if my local motor factors sell them.

I posted up a thread ages ago about my car not always starting first time and i often have to give it a bit of throttle while turning it over.

this used to happen now and again but is becoming more of a daily occurance now, yesterday it took about 10 attempts to get started.

before i go off and buy a new sensor is there a possibility it could be something else?
(i understand this could be a 'piece of string' question)

thanks

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The sensor should be cheap and easy to fit, so its not a bad first port of call, but TDC sensors normally cause random cutting out when coming to a stop and not starting, but giving it throttle does not normally sort it.

Something such as a bump start may help a TDC sensor problem, as it wiggles the sensor around and often to life.

I'm not that mechanically minded but have you considered fuel pump or injectors?

i.e if the car is sparking but not putting any fuel through, then pumping the accel pedal would make a difference.

MK2 172 FF
would have thought you would have some kind of miss fire and possibly stalling if the tdc was faulty. Tbh id take it out clean the sensors and connections and see if that makes a difference. Could be coil pack, ht leads though. The tdc sensor should cost about 30 but if you do get one make sure its the newer blue style though