ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Team Dynamics Monza R as trackday wheels?

Hey all,

Not been on here in a while but have returned for some advice.

Trackday season is coming back up and I am looking into getting a set of 15" wheels. I've been looking at Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s and also Team Dynamics Monza Rs. The Monzas are considerably cheaper than the 1.2s and I quite like the look of them.

I can't seem to find out what they weigh compared to the 1.2s, and don't want to buy them if they are quite heavy (for obvious reasons).

Would appreciate some info from anyone who owns them!

Thanks.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Thanks. No idea on actual weight but they are considerably lighter than the phase 2 alloys I took off. If mine are of no interest I would still recommend them.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I have a set of 15's without tyres in the garage, ill try to remember to weigh one over the weekend if you like. Ill be putting these on my track toy, ive had 1.2's before which are obviously better, but ill feel less guilty about covering these monza r's with hardcore dust! ;)

When I picked them up they aren't that heavy tbh, but this is without tyres.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
As an alloy they are light imo. With a tyre obv heavier lol. I get wanting light wheels assuming every bit of weight counts in say competitions. But as a track toy I see no real benefit.