ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Teaser pics, my Westfield

Here it is then, have had it a couple of weeks now, its a narrow body Westfield SE.
Its around 170bhp and has been weighed at 500kgs!
Still getting used to it, seems to go very well..

itbs.jpg

sideaweb.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You never told me you were getting this you gay!!

You no love me no more??

Looks good though.

You never told me you were getting this you gay!!

You no love me no more??

Looks good though.

Yeah I fucked up abit on it tbh, it was round the corner from Colshe HQ, the penny only dropped when I got home, could have gone for a pint :mad:
Having said that if I had told you I bet you would have bought it cos it was cheap!

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
You will have lots of fun in that. Just had back road blast in my Rush yesterday. Iam still smiling.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Cracking cars these, the Zetecs on ITBs sound mental. My mate Dean has just finished building his, just getting all the photos together for his SVA test, his is the mx5 based kit though.

DSC_0172Medium.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah I fucked up abit on it tbh, it was round the corner from Colshe HQ, the penny only dropped when I got home, could have gone for a pint :mad:
Having said that if I had told you I bet you would have bought it cos it was cheap!

Pm needed!!!

PM'd lol.
Cheers for the comments, it certainly is a lot of fun, makes anything else feel numb, my daily driver is a Panda 100hp which in itself is quite a capable highly regarded drivers car, after a spin in the Westy the Panda feels like its broken!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Pm recieved! (I'll reply tomorrow, its a lengthy pm! lol)

I am really pissed you never came in to see me though! I've always wanted a go in one of these! And Yate is 2 minutes away!!

I feel unloved and disturbed.

Pm recieved! (I'll reply tomorrow, its a lengthy pm! lol)

I am really pissed you never came in to see me though! I've always wanted a go in one of these! And Yate is 2 minutes away!!

I feel unloved and disturbed.

Next time im in the area mate...
It wouldn't have been much of a spin, upon purchase two problems came to light:

1. Couldn't see over the windscreen!

2. Couldn't reach pedals!

The joys of a being a short arse and buying a car with a fixed seat!

182 Trophy
Not really a fan of kit cars, the just dont do anything for me

pics of the panda 100 though??? quality little cars

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Awesome, but I can't think of anything I'd rather less have a prang in! I'd love a Caterham, but I'd only use it on track.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
when you say cheap how cheaps cheap. i love them and i want one but never really had much money for 2 cars.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Not a bad price at all - good work. Zetec prob sounds awesome. I'm currently waiting for the S2000 to sell (might have someone interested, but immobiliser seems to have packed up today - ffs!), then I'm going to save for 5 or 6 months and prob get a Westfield. Will be a 2nd car behind a Saxo Vts, so I'm thinking of getting a Megabusa personally!

Megane 225 F1
They are so much fun to drive. Dad has built one and finished it around April. Was driving it up and down this long straight in an industrial park that his mate owns. Imagine our clios "5k kick" multiplied by 10 and then happening twice as often. It hurt at one point.

172, Tiguan
Awesome, but I can't think of anything I'd rather less have a prang in! I'd love a Caterham, but I'd only use it on track.

They're actually fairly strong. Westfield has been crash testing chassis for a while now. My uncles Westie was crashed heavily at Goodwood into a rather sturdy wall pretty much head on at about 50/60mph and save a few harness bruises both occupents were totally fine.

Nice car that. I'm assuming being a narrow body SE you're a small bloke! Even in the widebody Westies it can sometimes be a squeeze!

:) Enjoy.

If its on carbs i'll hurt you.

Its an ST170 inlet manifold, ST170 injectors and GSXR750 throttle bodies.

They're actually fairly strong. Westfield has been crash testing chassis for a while now. My uncles Westie was crashed heavily at Goodwood into a rather sturdy wall pretty much head on at about 50/60mph and save a few harness bruises both occupents were totally fine.

Nice car that. I'm assuming being a narrow body SE you're a small bloke! Even in the widebody Westies it can sometimes be a squeeze!

:) Enjoy.

Thats good to know, yeah im 5ft 8 and not exactly built.. I fit in it ok but some of my larger mates can't get in it!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Westfield's are great value...But badge snobbery wins..>Caterham wins all day long! better looking aswell.

172, Tiguan
Very true mate, but a lot of it is down to the choice in colours and body styles that Westfield offer. It's very easy for someone with poor taste to spec a car that looks rediculous! A decent bright colour against the carbon cycle wings, with the revised front end and bonnet looks quite classy. There is a lot of badge snobbery though and Caterhams will always sell for more than the equivalent Caterham, but then a Westie can be built new for a very reasonable price.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Fact on Fact! Westy's are awesome value! And Caterham after sales are a shower of complete plonkers! The issues we had getting ours SVA'd was unreal! I do miss it tho! :(

Listerine & Poledo
I really want to do an MX-We5tfield one day.

spend the winter putting it together then take it out on the first day of summer to pull it apart against a hedge/wall/tree/innocent passing motorist

Westfield's are great value...But badge snobbery wins..>Caterham wins all day long! better looking aswell.

I couldn't justify the extra cost for a Caterham, for a Caterham of this spec I estimate you would be looking at £12-15K.
I did look at a cheaper one for £9k but that had a wheezy k series 1.4 in it!

Was this on PistonHeads per chance?

Yep was on PH for a week or so under the previous owner.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Exactly the sort of thing I'm after but I'd have zero chance of fitting in a narrow body.

I'm having to look at more man size alternatives lol

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Berlingo?

Westfield sei widebody actually lol

Put a deposit down on it on Monday so just need to sort out getting it back up the road once it's been for its mot.

Christ knows how small you are to fit in a narrow body though...I'm pretty snug in the widebody lol

Dave

Its abit tight with two people, im about 5ft 8 and not exactly slimmer of the month but no fatty either im alright once im in!
Fat people do not fit. Im not being harsh they physically will not fit in it!
What engines in the widebody Dave?

CX-7,westfield,ix20
It's a 2.0 red top on 45's with about 190bhp (according to rolling road printout but seems a bit optimistic to me). Plenty quick enough though. No carpets etc so weight shouldn't be to bad for a widebody.

Got an SBD exhaust with a carbon can which is lovely and not cheap!

Set up for sprints/hillclimbs so got all the right suspension bits (rose jointed etc), ACB10 tyres etc.

Similar colour to yours actually so it's almost like its big brother lol

Cheers,

Dave