ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Techniclutch fast road clutches....

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Are these actually worth bothering with or shall i stick to a boggo valeo job??

Id like to get hiold of the group N valeo clutch but have no idea where to get one from.

With 170+ ft lbs will i benefit from fitting a stronger clutch or will the standard one suffice?

Last edited:
  Lotus Elise
Seen as its a daily Id stick with standard, some uprated clutches are actually pretty hard to drive with. Stiff and not a great deal of slip for setting off from the lights and reverse parking. Thats my 2pence lol

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
ah fair enough, can fred get hold of the group n clutch from valeo? its not a paddle, just slightly uprated, not even worth bothering with that?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
ah cheers Fred, im guessing it will be expensive lol

Cheers for the heads up Adam, i wanted the Grp N one but couldn't source one, was just looking for anything moderately uprated :D

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
Techniclutch are very temptimental. I have had a few and have been very good!!!
A mates had one in his fiesta for 50000 miles so far and still takes hard abuse.
Mate had one in his 206 for a month and has gone tho :-s

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i may be wrong but if im thinking of the right company ( techniclutch) are they not just reconditioned clutch kits which are then painted red ?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
is it worth sticking a billet flywheel on whilst im at it? im gonna stick with the valeo clutch if the uprateds are pointless

ITB'd MK1
bit overkill on a standard engine. Get a standard one lightened if you really must. I'd personally just go for skimming the friction face of the flywheel to give it perfect contact