ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temp Gauge??

2002 172
hey guys,

i am about to buy a 2002 172 from my mate,
there is a few little problems i need clearing up before i make a decision

he was fitting a set of tweeters when he said he knocked a box on the back of the instrument cluster and now the tmp gauge doesnt work, he said something about there are 3 rings that move the needle up and down and just need to be inserted correctly, does this sound true?

also . .

when i last seen the car it had water leaking from the engine and he topped it up and has never leaked or lost any water since then, should i be weary or am i just being paranoid?

the two things arent related before you ask lol

cheers guys

simonb

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
If the temp gauge is an easy fix why hasn't he already done it? You say its not but i does seem a bit of a coincidence that it was losing water and the water temp gauge doesn't work. Get an RAC check done.

2002 172
the water leak happened last saturday and the temp gauge happened monday night,

i did think it was a bit weird but i sat in the car when the water leak happened and the gauge was working fine