ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temp insurance cover

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Anybody ever used these temporary insurance companies that cover you for a day/week?

I might be buying a car tomorrow and a bloke at Brentacre said he regally uses this company for a days insurance whenever he buys cars, are they any good or will my credit card details be sold to scammers?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I used a company called Tempover.
Easy and just emailed everything across.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
If I buy it i'm going to have to sort it at the side of the road, tax isn't a problem but insurance is another issue which is why I thought an app based one would be easier.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
You can use quote me happy which is app based. Side of the road job and away you go.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
If the car is still insured, couldn’t you just ask the seller not to cancel their policy till you get home and drive it using the TP on your own policy? Thats what I did the last couple of times I bought a car.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I use Cuvva, I'm sure if I refer you then we both get £10 of credit or something like that.
Yes mate i'm up for that, how does it work?
If the car is still insured, couldn’t you just ask the seller not to cancel their policy till you get home and drive it using the TP on your own policy? Thats what I did the last couple of times I bought a car.
I don't trust any f*cker, he could say yes and be lying, also the car is untaxed so i'm assuming he has another car and isn't using this one anymore, which would mean it probably isn't insured either.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Dunno if it'll make any difference at all but use this and see if you get some cash off

Claim using this link: https://cuvva.insure/9JPftFI9bhb
Discount code: UFKKL95EDT

I used to just use the previous owners insurance but it's a bit dodge. If you do that make sure all paperwork saying you've just bought it is in a different car and the owner is up for playing along.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
One thing I'd say is download it and get it set up tonight, once you've gone through the initial faff it's real quick. But the first time is a pain in the dick.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I mean set it up for you being the insured person.
You'll see what I mean but you have to put your details and a pic of your licence the first time you do it.
after that it's just the reg and a pic of the front of the car.
Oh also, 3 hours almost always costs the same as 1 hour.

100% never driven like a dick when getting close to the cut off point.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Might be worth checking with your normal insurer, Admiral let you do temporary cover through their app and I found it was way cheaper than any other temporary insurance company, at least for me. Plus they already have all your details so makes life easier.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Have used Cuvva and can confirm it was all simple and easy to do and quite good price wise for what I needed at the time. No issues to report as such either