ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temperature Gauge Erratic after long Run

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Any ideas?

I was coming back from Wales and 40mins or so in on the motorway the needle on the temp gauge decided to dance about :confused: thing bounced about, never done that before.

I tested it again today for about 10mins and the needle climbed to the middle and stayed there and didn't budge, should I be worried?

I was thinking of changing the Temp sensor and the thermostat but after going out again in it - all be it a shorter run it's got me in two minds.

Thoughts lads?

Cheers.

PH2 172
Any ideas?

I was coming back from Wales and 40mins or so in on the motorway the needle on the temp gauge decided to dance about :confused: thing bounced about, never done that before.

I tested it again today for about 10mins and the needle climbed to the middle and stayed there and didn't budge, should I be worried?

I was thinking of changing the Temp sensor and the thermostat but after going out again in it - all be it a shorter run it's got me in two minds.

Thoughts lads?

Cheers.

Assuming the coolant level is correct, clean the connection on the temp sensor as a 1st step.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Cheers lads, coolant level is fine.

I was just wondering If I would be ok using it for short journeys ie work and back till I order the bits.

PH2 172
Cheers lads, coolant level is fine.

I was just wondering If I would be ok using it for short journeys ie work and back till I order the bits.

Should be fine for short journeys, if there is actually a real problem at all.
Someone was rating Servisol super 10 as a switch cleaner this week.
Maplins stock it.