ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temperature Sensor

RenaultSport clio 182
Has anybody else's 182 suffered the following problem?

Temperature needle bouncing all over the place - I can be driving on the motorway when the car is fully warmed up and the temperature needle drops and reads cold - it can stay like that for 10 mins or even longer then suddenly bounce back up to hot again. It also takes a good 5 MPG away!!
Other times the gauge just fluctuates from hot down to cold, and just bounces around all over the place really!!

I've had it in to the dealers who reckon they've carried out the diagnostic tests and can't find anything wrong with it!! I would say it does it 1 in 5 journeys. When the dealers took it out to test it, it didn't happen then obviously!!!!!! I was told to actually bring it back when its doing it..... I don't know how that works when you can't book your car in untill 2 weeks notice and when you take it off the cuff they say nobody is free to look at it!!!

Has anybody else had the same problem and had it fixed under warranty?
This has been going on for a few months now, I have about half of the 3 years warranty to run but I'm trying to get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Thanks for your help