ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tempreture Sensors

Clio 1.5 DCI
I've been told that problematic starting when cold can be caused by a iffy temp sensor in the head. Does the car have two of these (one in the head and one in another location)? One for the ECU and one for the dash?

Reason I ask is because my dash temp sensor appears to be working fine but still having trouble starting when the car is cold.

1.5 DCI 65 by the way.

Cheers
Dan

Lots of Alfas
Im not sure as never worked on diesels. On most petrol engines the temp sensor is on the thermostat mounting (which is on the passenger side of the block). As far as Im aware they have just 1 sensor to measure coolant temp thats used for the ecu and gauge. Has anyone checked the pre-heating system?? It could also be a problem with the fast idle speed control.

Clio 1.5 DCI
No, but it idles perfect even when cold. Just takes longer to initally fire up. I had checked the glow plugs which appeared to be working although I guess they could just be not heating up enough?