ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Terrestrial no longer working after sky+ install

As per title really, had sky+ installed a while back and havent been able to watch the normal terrestrial, or digital channels for that matter through any of the tv's in our house. Any ideas?

SQ5
Do you have an RF distribution system in your house so you can watch/control sky in all rooms? Just check the RF out on the sky box, may of come out a little bit and not getting good connection.

E30 318iS x2
Have you tried re-adding them? have a look under the services and iirc its more channels or add channels. Failing that ask them how to re-scan the system.

Clio 182 FF
You sure they havent just pulled the coaxial aerial cable out of the back of the tv or even the wall, as surely your using a scart lead from sky box to Tv?

just reading the responses, do you mean bbc 1 and 2 and itv on the sky channels or normal terrestial tv?

Normal terrestial tv, everything on sky is running fine. Nothing is loose. Been racking my brains - could it have anything to do with their being two signals now being received for the sky+?!

Clio 182 FF
Not really as you have two seperate signals coming in, one from the sky dish straight to the sky box and the an aerial point on your wall. Might be worth just unscrewing the tv point on your wall and check for loose connections.
or even coincidently the wind might have disturbed your main tv aerial(or the sky man if its on a chimney breast near your standard aerial).
cant really think of anything else im afraid.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Heres a quick pic i thre together to show what you should have connected.

If you also have a Freeview box then the Ant Feed should go into there and the Freeview box connected to the TV.

Attachments

• Sky Conn.jpg
    Sky Conn.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 78
Thanks for that mate! Right, established that terrestrial works on the tv with the sky box attatched to it. Everything is per the picture! Its the other rooms in the house which are no go!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Cool.

Right in that case there is no feed to the others.

Where are all the other tellys connected to for the antennas?
Do they all go to the loft? or do you have a splitter box somewhere?

It will just be a case of wiring it up so that the feed gets to them all....

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Heres another quick drawing.

This is if you just want the ant. round the house. (Should be a similar setup to this, the splitter box is normally powered to amplify the signal round the house and could be located in the loft)

Attachments

• Sky Conn Multi Ant.jpg
    Sky Conn Multi Ant.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 115

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why does the ariel need to through the sky box? Doesn't on my TV?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Why does the ariel need to through the sky box? Doesn't on my TV?

In the standalone option (first pic) he doesnt have to put it into sky box at all, i just did that from an installers POV lol as its always normally left like that.

Depending on sky box also it can amplify standard signal.

In second option theres no need to as it is normally amplified by the splitter box.

SQ5
Antenna should go into the Sky Box, then the "RF Out 2" goes into the splitter/Distribution Amp then you get Sky all around your house :)

Well i ventured into the loft this evening (scary). It looks pretty complicated, but as far as i can tell, the aerial from the roof has been diverted down directly into the sky box? Getting fed up of this now....