ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Terribly loose gear linkage...

427 Trophy
Hi all :)

So picked my new Clio 182 cup up last Friday night and straight away I noticed the very loose gear stick/linkage. I know It's not right as I've come from a trophy which was totally fine...

I've just finished up being under the car checking things out and I what I noticed was that under/inside the rubber boot that where lies the bolt and nut that holds the actually gear linkage to the gear selector fork on the box there is HUGE amounts of play like something is missing? the nut it done up as tight as it will go too. The bolt from the linkage that sits inside the rose joint on the fork has a knurled finish so I'm guessing that should but up against something but it's just sloppy.

Can anyone offer up a solution as to what I can do or how it's happened?

Thanks

Danny

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Just to help tighten up do the powerflex dogbone bush and then look into the yanoo stiff shift kit

427 Trophy
There is supposed to be. Synthetic spacer in there, square shaped and goes over the top and bottom of the selector but between the rod when it bolts to it.

Ah thought so! Do you know if you can buy this part serperatly from Renault? If not how do I go about fixing it?

Just to help tighten up do the powerflex dogbone bush and then look into the yanoo stiff shift kit

Luckily it's already got the power flex dog bone bush. If I can replace that part mentioned above it will sort it.

Thanks

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
there are 2 versions of that linkage, Early boxes had a knurled insert that wears and needs replacing and a separate bolt, this was the same parts as a mk1 or a 5GTT etc. Anything after about 2001 should have the later linkage with the threaded section attached to the linkage rod, but I've seen a few later cars with the early type.

IMAG0002.jpg