ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tesco Garforth - Sat Night

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
T'would be me mate. You're not the Chris Barker who went to Garforth Comp are you, 22/23 now?
Or were you the guy getting into the taxi asking about my car with your mates shouting at you to get in?
Either way, good to hear there's another local member about. What do you drive and where do you live?

Last edited:
  MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Naa, its Chris Baker mate - yeah went to comp and yeah it was me gettin in taxi lol..

172 same as you fella!!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I felt really ignorant after you asked me about the car. Didn't mean to come across that way if that was how it sounded.
Get some shots up of your motor. Do you live in Garforth?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I'm guessing you boys were out on the raz?
I couldn't tell wether you were boozed up or not as you seemed to be in a bit of a daze. Probably the sight of the silver bullet LOL.
Whats so turd about your motor?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Too right Meggs.
In Garforth theres:
Me,
Jamie (Racing182),
MattRT
Micklefield (I think):
Chris
temple Newsam:
Leeds182
Otley:
Hillclimber
Selby:
You
Castleford:
Biojo.
We could get a good old meet going on.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Meant I'm on 56k modem at home so posting pictures is a mare.

Ill get some up tomorrow though.

Yeah Im from Micklefield...

But my car is actually turd tho' - bought a bad apple, had nothing but vibration and knocking, not to mention exhaust!!... and a miss fire when cold!!....

Wouldn't mind a newer one to spend abit of brass on... cant fault the performance/handling!..

Used to have a scooby wrx before!... just too expensive to use every day.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Here are a few pics of it.... not very good tho.

Attachments

• My Car01.jpg
    My Car01.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 53
  • My Car02.jpg
    My Car02.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 53

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
That looks tidy mate. Have you adjusted the dog mount? I think theres a thread on it somewhere.
I take it the exhaust rattles. Mine was replaced at about 24k with a custom kob as the original had snapped.
The misfire may be a knacked coil pack.

Racing Blue 182
len_beach said:
Too right Meggs.
In Garforth theres:
Me,
Jamie (Racing182),
MattRT
Micklefield (I think):
Chris
temple Newsam:
Leeds182
Otley:
Hillclimber
Selby:
You
Castleford:
Biojo.

Sounds like a good idea to me

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Ive adjuested the left hand side engine mount a few times but it only solves the problem for a few trips....

Yeah, Im doing that this Sunday.. Was gonna get some of those bushed from K-tec too, just to tighten things up a bit more....

Theres also an iritating knock when Ive got a fair bit of lock on and I hit a bump.... thats why I may have to get some coilovers chucked under the arches followed by a set of 17" super T's..

Yours looks well fella - what you dropped it? is yours on 16 or 17's??

Yeah I might have to come to one of these meets....

C

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
They're just 16's on Apex -40's. they've only been on a week so they haven't settled yet.
I bet you will be able to sort yours for not too much. It looks tidy though as it is.
What sort of knock is it you are getting? Is the subframe tightened?
Just got my Strut brace to fit on Saturday as well as my decat. Should be over 180bhp then. Woop woop

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Well it just went through its first MOT so I would have expected them to state any obvious problems, so I wouldnt have thought it would be the subframe... no harm in cheking whilst its u in the air tho'...

Hopefully it'll be sorted on Sunday...

You had your mapped too?... any other mods?..

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I've got mine mapped mate, pmurray did it, his 1st Clio IIRC. Got a full stainless with a PiperX panel, uprated feed, acoustic valve removed and a silicone elbow fitted with the breather pipe vented.
It's currently @ 178 but I'm hoping the de-cat will take that nearer 185. I hope LOL.
The Renault reliability hasn't got me yet, it adds to the charm, sort of.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Sounds good..... and looks good too!!.. thats the sort of spec I wanna get....

Id like to see what its like againt mine (standard)..... might just give me that extra nudge I need to get my hand in my pocket .... what year is yours n what you pay for it?? - what have the mods cost??..

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
We'll give them a bit of a back to back if you like Chris when you've sorted it.
The car is a 51 reg and I bought it about 2 months ago with 31k on the clock. It cost £6500 and the total cost of everything to date is £7750 which I am pretty chuffed with as this includes everything right down to the initial HPI check.

It's a bit sad but here's a full breakdown.

Date Purchase/Service Cost
17.09.05 Vehicle inspection and HPI check 50.00
20.09.05 Car purchase 6500.00
25.09.05 Genuine clear repeaters 25.01
25.09.05 Silvatec indicator bulbs 4.98
27.09.05 Genuine Clio Cup splitter 56.00
27.09.05 Genuine Clio V6 rear spoiler 160.00
27.09.05 Genuine Honda Civic aerial 10.00
28.09.05 Genuine Renault Iceberg touch up 6.95
01.10.05 Silvatec side repeater bulbs 5.98
06.10.05 Pipercross panel filter 20.00
06.10.05 Wynns injector cleaner 3.95
11.10.05 70mm airbox feed fitted 0.00
12.10.05 Remap by P.Murray - +5bhp, +14lb/ft 70.00
12.10.05 Rolling road session at The Racing Line 100.00
16.10.05 Cup splitter fitted 0.00
18.10.05 Silicone inlet elbow purchased and fitted 19.04
10.11.05 Clio Cup Turinis fitted 406.00
10.11.05 Audi Crystal Silver Touch up (Turinis) 2.00
11.11.05 New Battery fitted 33.00
18.11.05 New number plates 17.00
18.11.05 Dent solutions dent removal 141.00
06.12.05 OMP Strut Brace 60.00
Devil De-cat 60.00

Total £7750.91

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Nice!!!!....

I paid a grand more 1 years ago on 02.... but it was in mint condition....

Apart from the rattles and bangs... not really a problem when drivin steady, its when you wanna gun it, which is always tempting ...

what did you have before the clio?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
So was yours £7500 or £8750?
It must just be mounts or something of that nature it. It's just a fooker trying to diagnose it.
I had a Chavalier SRI before the Clio. My Uni motor. Not a bad car though. Cost me peanuts.

MKIII 138
len_beach said:
Too right Meggs.
In Garforth theres:
Me,
Jamie (Racing182),
MattRT
Micklefield (I think):
Chris
temple Newsam:
Leeds182
Otley:
Hillclimber
Selby:
You
Castleford:
Biojo.

agree ! would it be best to do during crimmy holiday or in the new year ?

you forgot my bro in kipax with the super eggbox, he mite pop along also

Chrisbaker1000 said:
No worries bud,

Ill post some up tomorrow mate, on 52k at home and its f**kin turd.....
ill keep an eye on this one. im in stanley, i keep saying i will go to one of the meets and then miss them!

and if you think yours is a turd wait till you see my valver!

its just old and tatty, it was like it when i bought it.

I bought it as a temporary car thinking it would last 6month but it drives ace.

I only payed 600 quid for it and sold the wheels that came with it for 200quid. I just have better things to spend my money on, as long as it drives like it does im happy.

I would love a minter but its our second car and i would need to spend a couple of grand to get a really nice one.

The only money i spend on the car is keeping it serviced. I only really care about it getting me to work without breaking down.

Its the car that puts me off going to the meets. Parked up next to all your shiney motors would really show it up!!!

I should have kept my 172!

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Fkin hell mate, mine is like a bag of sh*t undr the nice shiney shell.... yours probably drives better than mine...

Why did you get rid of the 172?

The valver must still be a pretty decent motor tho??

lol.

Mine does drive pretty well considering its got 116k on the clock. The servvice book was stamped upto 90k and i got it on about 106k i think and had it serviced straight away along with cambelt etc.

The 172 was our main car, it was a 52plate flame red.....feckin gorgous.

The wife got a new job which means a lot of motorway miles and we had had some issues with it so we sold it just before the warranty run out. We've got a Mazda3 sport now which is nice but i prefered the 172.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
172 is a real good car despite its faults.... and the fact the interior is complete turd.... love to drive it tho...

You must like your clios!!!!...

Gasgoine... ha ha ha - I was there the other night (the same night of this thread)- later closing times!... it was like the star wars cafe!!.....

ive had 3 now, my first brand new car was a Y reg 1.2 clio sport. we had that for 6 months and when we took it for its 'courtesy' check they had a megane coupe in the showroom..........which we bought...........can you guess what happened when we took that for its first service, yep, there was this lovely 172 sat in the car park, just arrived, 6month old.

feck me, we lost some money on them cars. with the negative equity carried over we payed about 14k for a 6month old 172! but i couldnt resist.

Whats it like in the gasgoine? I think i went in a few years ago and remember it being a bit dodgy but i might be getting it confused with somewhere else.

We should have a few beers then head up to the aagrah! feck the cars, mines s**t anyway!

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
kin el mate... they are pretty bad investments really, but you get em for the most important reason (grin factor)...

Gasgoine - I dont go that often, not really my scene, sometimes ok tho when the are some ladies in....!!

beeers n aargrah sound good!!......

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B
lol gascgione, worked there, full of rough lads..... no offense lol, always a fight. we should meet at colton maccys carpark :) or the sainsburty bit.

and casio, mines worse than yours!