ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tesco wiper blade adapters

Vantage
just brought some tesco 20" wiper blades

ive fitted them on.. but they seem really loose..

have i used the right adapter..

which adapter am i meant to use?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I fitted a pair of 22" ones on mine at the weekend (they didn't have the 20" in stock) and they went on fine.

Admittedly, the passenger side felt to be a better fit, but they are both ok - for now! :)

Which adapter did you try?

D.

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Was about to ask the same question :) - But i can't seem to fit them :mad:

here's a pic of the existing blade and then the tesco blade with all the adapters.

Clioblades1.jpg

Clioblades2.jpg

Any help on which one i should use?

Thanks

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
i used that one and haven't had any problems with them, and they've been busy over the last few days of rain

Clioblades2.gif

they might not be compatible, but see if the adapters on the arms you've taken off can be used; what i had to do when i bought some Halfords blades anyway

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Thanks, but i don't have a hook on my arm it's just flat. can't remove the existing attachment either :( Do these only work if you have the standard hook type arms?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, but i don't have a hook on my arm it's just flat. can't remove the existing attachment either :( Do these only work if you have the standard hook type arms?

Ah, that's probably where the confusion arises. The Mk2 has the hook on the end. I've just fitted a set of 22" blades to the V6 as well in literally 3 minutes flat.

The standard plastic clip within the Tesco blade needed to be flicked out and then moved along slightly. It comes with two circular 'holes' for the blade to click into and I found that the one it was set to out of the box, was wrong.

Once clipped into the other hole, it fitted onto the Mk2 wiper arm with no messing. There was no need to use any of the additional plastic clips within the packaging.

Sorry I can't be much more help.

D.

Clio III - S 1.5dci
I see thanks! Universal my Ar$e :rasp:

May have to take them back then as i can't figure out for the life of me how I can get these on.

Seen a set on ebay for under a tenner so may get them!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I fitted it with the one that was already attached to the blade.

I just had to take it off and spin it round so the blade was the right way up.

Mini Clubman
I fitted the one as in the pic, but as mentioned before, the passenger side is a better fit and sits better on the window screen. drivers side seems to lift a little at the edge. much better than the standard ones though. wipe is brill!

Clio Mk3

Basically, i'm a simpleton when it comes to doing anything with my car. My wiper blades are totally buggered after the cold weather. I've bought some new ones and tbh arn't 100% sure what i'm doing. My wipers are identical to ]he stylle shown above, how do i unclip them? As i don't want to force anything and break them. Sorry and thanks in advance people. :D

Basically, i'm a simpleton when it comes to doing anything with my car. My wiper blades are totally buggered after the cold weather. I've bought some new ones and tbh arn't 100% sure what i'm doing. My wipers are identical to ]he stylle shown above, how do i unclip them? As i don't want to force anything and break them. Sorry and thanks in advance people. :D

Probs the easiest thing to do is look at videos of how to do it on youtube. Its quite hard to explain in text.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i just used the ones that were on them out of the packet. clip straight onto the arms

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Was about to ask the same question :) - But i can't seem to fit them :mad:

here's a pic of the existing blade and then the tesco blade with all the adapters.

Clioblades2.jpg

Any help on which one i should use?

Thanks

The bit that is directly above the blade in the centre, should attach on the blade and I think I used the 3rd clip down on the right which clips onto the top of the bit on the centre. Pretty sure that's what I did with mine. Then you hook the wiper arm through the gap between the two pieces and close the pieces together with the wiper arm hooked inbetween them. I can't remember if that's exactly right as it was a piece of piss and I didn't think too much about it lol

Don't take it back! Just figure it out lol and the tesco blades are pretty good, never get any smearing, although think with the 20" you get a small gap in the middle, so I went for 22s.

Clio Mk3
Probs the easiest thing to do is look at videos of how to do it on youtube. Its quite hard to explain in text.
You'd be suprised how hard it is to find a video of attaching that style of wiper, as all the videos are for the old style. :(

You'd be suprised how hard it is to find a video of attaching that style of wiper, as all the videos are for the old style. :(

From what I can see in your photo your blades look like the flat ended arm ones, and the tesco ones shown are for hook ended arms if Im right, so you need the blades specificially for flat ended arms, like the one you took off.