ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test drive V6 then EVO

325ci sport cab 2004

"Audi TT!!! The choice of someone seriously image conscious who knows nothing about cars!"

Knob! whoever said that. I bouht a tt for the wife because she would of kicked me hard in the b****cks if id bought an evo instead, so it kept her happy and me happy as its faster than a 440 volvo. Some people buy certain cars for a certain reason and mine was to own a TT when they were cool, i liked it, it looked cool in the car park at work, it impressed people and all the neighbours and it cost us feck all to run. The money saved was spent running my lovely GSXR1000. So in an idela world where I had loads of money a TT wouldnt be sat on my drive.

I have to say the TT has a thousand things which dont make it a fast good drivers car but I like the look and its a good looking not abismal sports car. Infact a better car Id prefere is a Ruf R turbo but thats what 6 times the price.

However I dont drive that fast on the road if i had a faster car I wouldnt be able to in my mind drive it much quicker in the real world so whats the point having a supercar on the road?

Id get a TT but it would be the older ones with the smaller wheels as I prefere them and put the money to something quick for track days for the money Youd save buying the TT even new you could get a track car which is quicker than an Evo.

If you want to go fast and stand out forget the Evo get an R400 or Aerial Atom with a superchrager or an SR3.

What about a VX 220? or Elise?

I cannot belive my earlier comments have got so many replies.

Clio Cup

v6 and evo both excellent cars, whichever you choose you wont regret. Elise over vx though anyday, vx has understeer engineered into the chassis and it looks dated now.

Ive always wanted a used ariel atom but where do you keep it if you dont have a garage. A bunch of blokes could just pick it up and put it their van.

evo x rs

Went on a trackday yesterday in my Evo VIII MR FQ320 (345bhp) and was following a MK2 V6. Ive never done a trackday before, but was surprised how good the V6 went round the twisties. Started to reel him in on the straights though!!

The survice is every 4500miles or 6 months. About £220 for most of them.

Petrol wise I get 20-23 mpg which I thinks very good for the BHP. My old MY03 STI 265bhp did less mpg on average.

[Edited by forest172 on 27 August 2005 at 8:23am]

Elise/VX220/R26

I would go for the V6 for a number of reasons. The V6 is rarer for starters and a much more intresting car. Evos have a serious image problem and 6 monthly servicing is utterly ridiculous and has to be one of the all time greatest scams (apart from optimax) When a megane can have a 18k service interval these days theres no need for any car to have a 4.5k service interval, its mitsis pension fund your paying into there. But obviously it adds to the feeling you have a special car because it requires constant dealer attention (yeah right!)

Obviouslythe Evo is the more exciting drive no question but even with less seats and no luggage space the V6 is probably the more practical out of the two. Maybe I have a bias against Jap cars, I just find them souless and a bit tacky but the V6 if you were planning on keeping it is a genuine future classic, one to garage when you get your next car. Evo will probably be either in a ditch or car jacked within a couple of years ;)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by forest172 on 27 August 2005

Went on a trackday yesterday in my Evo VIII MR FQ320 (345bhp) and was following a MK2 V6. Ive never done a trackday before, but was surprised how good the V6 went round the twisties. Started to reel him in on the straights though!!
Was that you at Donington park yesterday mate?

evo x rs

Yep, used to have a 172.

Impressed with the cornering of your Vee

[Edited by forest172 on 28 August 2005 at 10:53am]

Renault ChaVio

The gay badge that everyone is chucking at the TT is a bit unfair. They are good cars that are getting sl*gged off because of their success. Not everyone who drives them is an image obsessed hairdresser. These are the brakes off the one I drove to Scotland recently:

http://img109.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img01664hh.jpg

I was doing 150mph on the way up there and chucking that thing around like I was Juha Kankinen.

Personally, EVO vs V6 Id have the V6. Slower, flawed, less practical but somehow more appealing.

Clio Trophy

Hmmmmm. Tough Choice. Both awesome cars!

Look into running costs. Frequent serivces soon add up money wise. Gonna work out to be probably half of the 182 running costs, let alone Petrol. Ha,ha.

Hope you had a good Pay Rise!

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by ant_v6 on 28 August 2005
The gay badge that everyone is chucking at the TT is a bit unfair. They are good cars that are getting sl*gged off because of their success. Not everyone who drives them is an image obsessed hairdresser. These are the brakes off the one I drove to Scotland recently:

http://img109.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img01664hh.jpg

I was doing 150mph on the way up there and chucking that thing around like I was Juha Kankinen.

Personally, EVO vs V6 Id have the V6. Slower, flawed, less practical but somehow more appealing.

they do have a bit of an image problem, basically the opposite of the Evos problem, as far as the ride etc goes owning a car that evo dont say drives well but actually does I would take those sort of comments with a pinch of salt Im sure the TT is a vary capable drive

172 cup TT

hmm... werent there a 182 (trophy) Vs V6 thread the other week? and it seemed that the "winner" or preffered performance choice was the trophy... With this mad logic in mind... Arent we in some crraazzzzyy barny rubble type way comparing the Trophy Vs Evo too?

Renault ChaVio

Im going to read that article in EVO later and with the Trophy taking a pop at the M6 BMW. When I sell my car and find a V6 one of the things Im really not looking forward to is one of you nutters whipping my ass in a well driven 182 – especially in the first few months when Ill be getting to know it properly. The other thing is getting called a chav.

V6 255 Illiad Blue

One word........ Residuals. Its the reason i bought a MK2 VEE 255. All helps the deposit on a Noble - if still no kid/b**ch or Carrera 2 - b**ch or kid.

Servicine is a ballache - i dont want a service 2 times for every set of road tyres.

What has a higher skally thief rating for insurance companies? I bet the EVO.

Id imagine if you are looking at these 2 cars practicalisnt really high on your list and lastly.....

I FOLLOWED (1 CAR BEHIND, IN FRONT WAS AN ORIGINAL SHELBY COBRA) A Mc LAREN F1 THROUGH ARNAGE VILLAGE NEAR LE MANS, AND WHOS CAR HAD PEOPLE GRABBING THEIR CAMERAS MOST??????

THE HUMBLE "CHEAP FRENCH CAR"

PLUS ITS AN AWESOME LONG DISTANCE TOURING VEHICLE

OH AND GIRLS SEEM TO FIND IT VERY APPEALING - NOT CHAV GIRLS BUT 27-35 GIRLS :)

i was passenger in an Evo FQ340 in a local forest. Totally mind boggling experiance,never been ripped back in my seat so much. aclleration through each gear was immense!!

Praticallity is debateabul sp? with its servicing??

both Amazing cars.

Renault ChaVio

terrorist - when you say residules im a bit confused? i thought the vee residules were a bad thing?

Tricky one.

If you want the fastest car Id go for the Evo.
If you want a rarer car with great looks Id go for the V6, but Evos still look great IMO.

If you want a more practical car (rear seats and boot!) go for the Evo!

If running costs are not an issue, go for the Evo!

If you follow the biased people with V6s on the forum, get a V6!

Clio 172PH2

real difficult that one - but im guessing the v6 is slighty cheaper? that would decide it for me. i reckon due to the fact its gonna be such a rare car its gonna retain some of its resale value as well, whereas i bet there will be an evo ten out next year.

But that is one hell of a tough choice both real nice cars, evo is a true hardcore drivers car, but i think the V6 is more of a car for the looks although it does shift.

Id get the V6 just for the looks, and the fact its gonna be rare as hell.all i know is that if i had the money id have one of each sat in my garage.:D