ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Testing the next generation Honda Civic (BTCC content)

Some pics
395352_10150721837210809_125281815808_11343134_1304318714_n.jpg

425303_10150722093430809_125281815808_11343797_1698991760_n.jpg

Oil Burner
The Avensis was running at Donington when I was there on Friday, was going quite well!

Lets hope their time spent this winter getting Thommo to develop the car has been worth it! It was a bit of a disappointment last year, especially considering what Dynojet managed to do with the same base car.

It will also be interesting to see what a team of experienced btcc engineers can do with the NGTC regs this year!

Oil Burner
Awesome, I'm not sure why all the NGTC cars have side exit exhausts. If this is a regulation and TOCA did it on a purely aesthetic basis then they have gone up massively in my opinion.

Lets hope their time spent this winter getting Thommo to develop the car has been worth it! It was a bit of a disappointment last year, especially considering what Dynojet managed to do with the same base car.

It will also be interesting to see what a team of experienced btcc engineers can do with the NGTC regs this year!

Yes I think it sounds like pre season is going quite well for them and they certainly seem to be putting the miles on it! 3 test days already this week for them! Whoever was driving the other day was a gent as he kept well out of the way on his warm up laps etc! They were much more considerate than some of the other teams out there.

I think as you say it will be very interesting to see what they can do and I'm sure the result will be fairly impressive as some of the lower teams NGTC cars were really pedalling at the end of the season!

Oil Burner
I believe it was mainly James Thompson at Donington, and Tony Hughes and Adam Morgan did more driving at Brands.

So you can say you have driven on the same circuit as true motorsport royalty!

Haha Thommo is a legend! Really surprised me when they just moved out of the way because all the Porsche and Ferrari boys were just weaving in front of us and we had to lift off and wait but he was a proper gent!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Looking forward to this season of BTCC, are all cars NGTC spec this year or are the teams still changing over?

And that Civic looks a hell of a lot better than the road going version.

172 Race Car
Some S2000 cars still in it. Altho with NGTC power. Focus, Vectra, WSR BMW's and the Golf. At this stage no one is running a NA engine. Last year proved its pointless.

Full NGTC cars ae Civic, MG, Avensi and Insignia. The Audi and Proton's not confirmed but should be there

Oil Burner
The audi is apparently being re engineered as last years efforts were by all accounts not all that hot and more a demonstration of how fixed the NGTC regs were in comparison to Turbo s2000 than anything.

There are a few teams that are hoping for a head start by using well established Turbo S2000 cars with x years of development on them, i would be surprised to see them get the jump they are hoping for, but we will see....