ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Testing Wires

Punto/Clio GTT
Hey, my horn on my car isnt working, ive replaced the horn with no success. I wanna test the wires that goto the horn to make sure theres power there but what tester do i need and how do i use it? can someone link me to one on ebay with a quick guide on what i need to do, cheers!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
No lol. You need a multimeter, can get them for £20 in maplins.

Youd be surprised how handy they can be when messing about on cars :)

Yes you need a multimeter they are really useful as Jaff. said.

Or try putting the wire in your mouth and get someone to press the button.

Punto/Clio GTT
ahhhhhh you know i wondered why he put it on the earth of the battery in the videos, i was like, that aint gonna get him power, but then i thought when i he tested the wires, thats what gave it the power

ahhhhhh you know i wondered why he put it on the earth of the battery in the videos, i was like, that aint gonna get him power, but then i thought when i he tested the wires, thats what gave it the power

To test the earth iirc mate, there are loads of different tests you can do with a multimeter. Do what Rob said.