ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Text Messaging to supply Information??

E46 320CD
Need a bit of help please....

Been given a task at work and i really don't have the first clue of where to begin.

I need to set up a mobile text service for potential customers, I work for a large tyre manufacturer and we have over 500 garages offering tyres, repairs, mot's etc - you know the general stuff garages do.

What i need to provide is a number for people to text, and via GPS we identify there location and text back details of the local depot along with contact information - i need this to be automated, not someone manually replying to the text messages recieved!

Does anyone now of any companys offering such service? I've tried speaking to Orange as they are out mobile provider but the woman i was speaking to didn't seen to have the first clue of what i was going on about...

Cheers.

Nissan Jewk
Orange should know what to do, its a service called LBS - Location Based Services - this department within Orange will know exactly where the person is when they make calls/texts, within a mile or so radius from the nearest cell site.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Orange should know what to do, its a service called LBS - Location Based Services - this department within Orange will know exactly where the person is when they make calls/texts, within a mile or so radius from the nearest cell site.

I doubt the networks would deal directly as its always been a BTB product (Unless the market has changed?)

I'd be concerned about accuracy with cell based location services, sure its easier for the consumer to just text a word, but depending on location you could get some strange/inaccurate results. So that's worth considering before you decide on how to implement your system.

Need a bit of help please....

Been given a task at work and i really don't have the first clue of where to begin.

I need to set up a mobile text service for potential customers, I work for a large tyre manufacturer and we have over 500 garages offering tyres, repairs, mot's etc - you know the general stuff garages do.

What i need to provide is a number for people to text, and via GPS we identify there location and text back details of the local depot along with contact information - i need this to be automated, not someone manually replying to the text messages recieved!

Does anyone now of any companys offering such service? I've tried speaking to Orange as they are out mobile provider but the woman i was speaking to didn't seen to have the first clue of what i was going on about...

Cheers.

I use a company called www.textmarketer.co.uk for this at work.

Sound bunch of blokes.

Diesel Barge
+1 on textmarketer and we also use AQL, i found the triangulation via the cell tower to be 95% spot on, i constantly have latitude turned on and it rarely gets my location wrong, and when it does i think its mainly because google is delyaing the results.

RIP Dan
Cell based texts will do this. You need to speak to your provider.

However if you have a large cell then it may not be totally accurate.

Used to work with Clickatell, good outfit.