ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thank God Its Done

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
As some people have seen i have been rabbiting on about My CAT being burst and then about getting a second hand ROSI CAT.

Well i think the pictures will do the talking of how burst my OE CAT was and how badly it was blowing.

I cleaned up all ends of the CAT, put some gasket sealer (Recommended By Dan @ 519) and fitting a spanking new Bosch Lambda sensor.
I just re-used the OE CAT fitting kit as its only 2 weeks old if that.

I now have no EML on the car and i also have no blows.

OldNew001.gif

OldNew002.gif

OldNew003.gif

OldNew004.gif

OldNew005.gif

OldNew006.gif

OldNew007.gif

If i weight the CAT in at the scrappys do you think i will get much for it ?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
How do you mean dan ?

I really dont understand on this straight pipe mod that gets done.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
The broken section is at the back is it not?

Someone could cut it off and weld on a 2.5" straight pipe and sleeve it onto an aftermarket exhaust I think thus removing some of the restrictiveness of the OE cat

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
As Coby. mentioned Marc, you cut the rear end of cat off and replace it with a 2.5" dia pipe and sleeve. Have to modify the exhaust end aswell obviously.

Got some photos somewhere if you want me to put them up

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
As Coby. mentioned Marc, you cut the rear end of cat off and replace it with a 2.5" dia pipe and sleeve. Have to modify the exhaust end aswell obviously.

Got some photos somewhere if you want me to put them up

That would be decent if you can do that keith.
I might have a guy willing to pay me £100 just for the CAT as he scraps them but unsure as i might keep it and mod it