ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda sensors

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Hi
So I need to replace the lambda sensors on my car as I have what I’m guessing are cheap eBay aftermarket versions. Just checked on RPD and they want £155 each! ECP are doing Bosch sensors for £61 after one of their discount codes..... or they do a HAAS for £27, FAE £38! Fairly sure buying cheap often will result in buying twice. What’s the view here. Are Bosch the same as the OE units fitted to the car? Are the other 2 cheap version about as much use as plugging the holes with some old chewing gum and wires?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'd go through opieoils for one tbh.
£48 posted with code monkylondon but atleast you know its genuine and from a reputable source.

So many fakes on Ebay. Dont mess around with anything other than Bosch

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys,
Managed to source 2 brand new genuine Bosch’s sensors for £46 each delivered from Amazon. Bit of trickery with losing up and Amazon gift card got me £5 off to get them to that price. But cheapest I could find online for proper genuine sensors

421C20DA-F000-457C-B86F-9CA50349D2FC.jpeg

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Just ordered one from amazon - cheers for finding that price.

What thread are they ? Thinking of blanking my post cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Always suspicious of eBay parts from sellers with so many sales and also Amazon. Theres a load of fakery about. Would rather use Autodoc etc.
The ones I received are 100% genuine. With Bosch’s warranty and fully hologrammed sealed boxes.... someone has gone a long way to make something fake to save £8 over two sensors from another supplier. In fact they were only cheaper because of the discount code!!!

also worth pointing out that these were not some reseller listing on Amazon they came from Amazon’s own stock, supplied by...Bosch

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I bought some electric tooth brush heads of amazon a while back and they turned out to be fakes. They were so close to the originals that I couldn't tell the difference, even the bristles were cut the same. The blue bits on the head never faded though which many fakes don't get right.

Two ways of looking at it, either realise that I have been brushing my teeth with bristles rinsed off in Chinese corona sewer water or that I never have to replace the toothbrush heads again because the blue line says so. Haven't decided what to do yet but also haven't mentioned it to her either.....

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Thing is the originals in that example are probably made in China too. Most stuff is nowadays isn’t it. I generally don’t have a problem with it, mainly because we as consumers don’t have a lot of choice. But I would never knowingly buy fake anything. Generally if something is so cheap it seems to good to be true, it generally is. That said when buying from Amazon, if you buy from them directly rather than one of their millions of resellers you should be OK

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Always suspicious of eBay parts from sellers with so many sales and also Amazon. Theres a load of fakery about. Would rather use Autodoc etc.

A Feedback score of 168k is not that high over 14 years for medium sized business seller.

£41.94 including delivery is a very good price, and the fact that they are Leatherhead based, & file their accounts on time, reassures me that they would supply the real Bosch item.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05771619

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Yes point taken but no harm in
So hard to police nowadays init! Remember back in the day being amazed you could get knock off Oakleys when on holiday. Now you can buy em from home or sometime your high street 😂

Haha I remember going to Turkey with my Grilfriend 10 years ago and trying to calm her down at the market was a nightmare

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
A Feedback score of 168k is not that high over 14 years for medium sized business seller.

£41.94 including delivery is a very good price, and the fact that they are Leatherhead based, & file their accounts on time, reassures me that they would supply the real Bosch item.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05771619

Nicely done, but still no harm in reminding people about fake car parts. Some times sellers with very high numbers are just middle men with some software, other times they have bought the account with feedback. eBay is full of it, been looking at classic cars lately mostly TR6's and Range Rover classics and basically every bargain is a fake listing.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thanks @M90SR genuine Bosch fitted yesterday after eml light flashing and random misfire.
Also fitted 4 new genuine Magneti Marelli injectors. The 182s running smooth as silk now :)

Attachments

• IMG_20210125_093257.jpg
    IMG_20210125_093257.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20210125_090836.jpg
    IMG_20210125_090836.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20210129_092550.jpg
    IMG_20210129_092550.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 80