ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

That scamtastic mk1 vee on PH

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one for 6k lol !
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/561811.htm

Couldn't find the last post about it, anyway it's on there again tonight, so I wrote this to them.....

Hi there,
where in london are you ? as i'm quite interested in the car & would like to look at at it.
One question on the price, the price is quite a lot for such a car though, it's only really worth about £4000.00 Would you accept that for it ??
Thanks.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  ValverInBits
why is it a scam apart from the price?

Sure it isnt just an idiot trying to get rid quick due to hard times?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol @ why is it a scam, it's the same as the other scammed cars on there, low price only an email address, poorly written ad.

"car has no dents or rust"

Wtf ??? the car is mainly plastic, the idiot seller obviously doesn't know that though.

The cars been on ph at that price about 6 times now, it's always up for sale.

Only once has it ever been up for sale legitimately as the price was over 10k, even when it was for sale by it's owner the scam ad was on there too !

I'll await my emailed reply of the car being abroad etc.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  BMW E46 330i Touring
The description I imagine is exactly the same as a genuine advertiser's previous advert. The scammer normally copies an old advert, changes the price and just leave an email address with no contact number.

It's quite ironic that the scam would actually work better if they asked for more money! If they made it slightly cheaper than market value, then they'd probably get interest.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*UPDATE TO MY EMAIL TO HIM OFFERING £4000 FOR IT*

Hi mate,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my car.I will accept £4000 because i have worked in UK for the last 2 years and I've purchased the car there. My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in Italy. I've bring the car home with me. I decided that is better to sell it because I don `t use it anymore (the wheel is on right side and is very difficult for me to drive it in Italy) and it `s a pitty to keep such a car and not to use it.
I realize that is a cheap price for such a car but my special situation makes me do things that I wouldn't do in normal circumstances.

Right, shall I now string him along & ask about delivery & viewing of it etc ? & transfering the monies ? (His names Mark now btw):rolleyes:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  Gentlemans spec 200
Drag him on. Get account details, email adress etc then post on here so we can all contact him. Or tell him your based in papa new guinea, and getv postage costs to there.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio

Hi mate,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my car.I will accept £4000 because i have worked in UK for the last 2 years and I've purchased the car there. My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in Italy. I've bring the car home with me. I decided that is better to sell it because I don `t use it anymore (the wheel is on right side and is very difficult for me to drive it in Italy) and it `s a pitty to keep such a car and not to use it.
I realize that is a cheap price for such a car but my special situation makes me do things that I wouldn't do in normal circumstances.

Right, shall I now string him along & ask about delivery & viewing of it etc ? & transfering the monies ? (His names Mark now btw):rolleyes:

I think you should let him know that you are aware of scams and want a picture of him holding a can of baked beans so you know you can trust him. But make it clear you do trust him because he sounds a genuine honest man.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  Gentlemans spec 200
Explain your difficult situation getting your thai bride into the country, and for this reason you can only afford £3000.24. Tell him he sounds like a genuine, sympathetic man. You will forward £10,000 into his account using Western Union money transfer, and you will trust him to refund the balance to you. Your cousin in Nigeria will be handling the transfer of funds. His name is George.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172 Cup

Hi mate,

How many times did i recive that when looking 4 a car! Hate the bloody scammers!!!:mad:

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the mail from him about him about buying a cherokee.

Have emailed him back some details (not mine)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just been emailed four emails from these people (do not click on the links !!!!)

support@world-cargos-ltd.com

G' day DAVID GRIFFITH,

Through this e-mail we have the pleasure to inform you that the merchandise has been left in our custody.

Your tracking number is : Q7970380669 , you can track your merchandise directly here. or visit www.world-cargos-ltd.com

Shipment Detail

Shipment Status: IN CUSTODY !
Shipment Location: Italy
Service: Door Arrival
Shipment Content :2002 RENAULT CLIO V6 - 4000 GBP
Weight: 3400 KG
Additional Services: Third Party Service
Status of inspection: Excellent

Next step to be taken

1. The buyer must send the payment to our World Cargo Ltd agent.

2. Payment must be sent by money order ( Western Union - MoneyGram ).And you must go with cash!

3. Our agent payment address: Name : Michael Derako
Address : Via San Martini, 56
City/State : Rome
Zip Code : 00054
4. Please send us the payment information directly here

5. Money order is the only service that has ultimate authentication of the identity of the receiver of funds. Several ID's and utility bills are required before the funds are paid. Therefore, no one else but your receiver have access to the money. Your payments cannot be lost in the mail, like checks.

Now what ??
I'm not clicking on any of their links !

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, when I started out I said I was someone else, then when he wanted my addres I copied the david stuff in & forgot to change the name, lol !

What now ?? I wanna act like i've sent him the cash monies, so just make up some stuff ?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some bloke from Italy was selling Xbox 360 Elites for £250 with 15 games.

Same deal, they tell you the goods are with a holding company and you pay the holding company for release. The holding company is actually the seller.

They must think people are thick as pig s**t to fall for something like that.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right the emails to get me to do the deal keep coming lol !!

First one,
I just came back from the shipping company, it took me a while to arrange everything, I have paid for shipping and everything, it cost me about 560 Eur, anyway it is all done, they will contact you with payment instructions and they also gave me a tracking number to track the car on their web site here it is: Q7970380669
You can check it on www.world-cargos-ltd.com
Please let me know your phone number.
Let me know when they have contacted you and also the status of the car and when will get to you.Please check also you junk email because you will receive a payment invoice and sometimes they might arrive in junk folders.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Second one,
I have started the shipping of the car yesterday.Please let me know your phone number to call you and speak about this deal. And please contact the shipping company because they have send you all the instructions about this transaction.
Reply me asap

Third, sent today.
Why you don`t email me?Please let me know asap.

Pmsl !! he wants my phone number, I think I have one to hand ;)

- don't worry about the shipping sites code & details, they aren't me.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'ts back on there now, so I reported it again.

I'm going to string the 'seller' of it along a bit.

New reply, to him....

Hi,

sorry I was away on business (farming convention, quite boring)

I have a few questions regarding your vehicle, before I complete the purchase.
How many seats does it have it in it ?? Reason being is that i'd need somewhere for my goat to sit when I go out in the car as it likes to come with me.

As you can probably tell from my address, I live on a farm in Wales, i'm Welsh you see.
My main interest in your car is so that I have something eye catching for when I go out in town, I like my ladyboys to look at me, thing is with my tractor they weren't that keen on the look, so I feel the need for the car.

Please reply to me asap with the number of seats & to whether or not you feel that my goat would like it.

Regards

David.

Last edited: