ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 197

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
This is now my 2nd 197, hope this one stays for longer than 9 months :dapprove:

51,000 miles, 1 owner, Mint Recaro's, climate, mp3 player, xenons/cornering lights & gay privacy glass.

Just a few subtle changes I need to do to her then I'll be happy.

My list is -

Cambelt, waterpump & rollers to be done by Danny at 915 on the 28th Nov
Oem discs & pads all round - Bought
Tail pipes - Bought & fitted
seat cover for the drivers side - Bought & fitted
itg panel filter
Cup struts - Bought
H&R springs - Bought
H&R 25mm spacers
Red calipers
Wheel refurb
Cup spoiler (Did want sprint but just love the cup ones!)
RS front valance

When I got her. Not too dirty really, quite looked after. :)

IMG_7646.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_2772.jpg

IMG_4729.jpg

IMG_9817.jpg

Can't wait to reduce the arch gap! Needs a good detail but will leave paint correction till spring :)

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

IMG_9390.jpg

IMG_8856.jpg

IMG_6373.jpg

The goodies! Just waiting on the cup shocks to come.

IMG_4724.jpg

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

Cheers !

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
oh bugger, 519 lol

I get john lewis & marks n sparks mixed up too! And Stoke on trent & Basingstoke! :eek:

Clio 197
Looks good mate in a dilemma with the spacers can't decided weather to get 25mil or 20,
keep us up dated Mate looks well as I said on 197.net :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Theres not been so many threads on it! This is a progress thread, is that not allowed!?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely, such a difference with the tail pipes. Miles better, it will look awesome with the cup spoiler too.

clio 197, 1992 mini
Looks good mate in a dilemma with the spacers can't decided weather to get 25mil or 20,
keep us up dated Mate looks well as I said on 197.net :)
i was having the same debate about spacers i phoned larkspeed the other day and they said if i buy the 20mm spacers i would have to buy longer bolts to attach the spacers but would have to cut abot 10mm off each bolt thats too much of a pain in the arse so im going to buy the 25mm spacers as a hole kit with botls so no messing around just waiting for pay day :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Cheers guys, I dont think I'll bother lowering her till my insurance renewal come feb. As for the spacers, ideally 20mm but they are a b1tch to get the longer bolts for. Off to Dans later :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If I were in the market to be buying Clio's, I'd follow you around like a bad smell.

You buy them, then do a great list of mods/maintenance to them (so I'd love to buy them after).

Looks awesome though, I can't help but think it needs a spoiler?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Cheers Rob! I try to look after my cars as best as possible, people may think all I'm bothered about is them being shiny but thats far from the truth. I did want the sprint spoiler (trying to be subtle) but bugger it I loved the cup spoiler on my old 197 :eek:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its called a Cup SPOILer for a reason ;)

Only really think they suit the white un's tbh!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
nooooo Gaz, it will look great! Will lower her first, then you'll see!

Thinking of px'ing the Recaro's for standard seats now. They seem pointless, I cant enjoy them as they are covered up, if i uncover them they will wear! gggrrrr :(

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If your not lardy they'll be fine ;)

Mine are fine at 40K, no wear evident. I have a cover if hopping in and out dirty but they are uncovered about 60% of the time.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Lovely car Dawn, really nice example. Can't remember the last one to come in with so few faults!

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Looks dreamy! I was torn between red & nimbus when I was buying one - safe to say I stuck with nimbus.