ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the best lowering springs to buy 172 ??

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
hi all, i'm thinking of lowering my mk2 ph1 172 with just a set of springs and was wondering if anyone could tell me the best make to get. its on std 15'' wheels and just wanting less body roll around corners, any thoughts would be great.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I asked this not to long ago, some said the shocks wont last long or sumink so to get whole kit which cost like 250 sooo screw tht lol
let me find thread

cheers for that, i was only thinking of lowering it about 35mm or might 40mm but not sure yet. i would pay up to about £130 for a good set.

or eibach sportline as they are just as good as prolines but give a better drop! pro's dotn drop much on the 172

Focus ST
I looked into this not long ago.
Spoke to the guru Fred @ YozzaSport.

Choose sportlines over prolines any day (My opinion).
If your not going to change the shocks, don't go for any lower than Sportlines (about 20/30mm drop). The shocks will FUBAR with any more than that. Also Sportlines aren't aggressive. Makes the car sit perfectly, stops it looking like a 4x4. Handles a lot better aswell. Best mod for the money I've ever done.

In fact your not far from Fred. Take a trip down, you won't be disappointed.

cheers guy's for that info its a big help. there's a place down the road from me called wheel worx and they would supply and fit PI springs i think it was 25mm on the front and 15mm on the back for about £180, any thoughts ? not bothered about looks really just less body roll. cheers.