ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The best phase 1 172?

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Ok dudes, I've an ambition to sort the best silver phase 1 172 in silver. With tasteful mods, anyone got pictures of theirs to see what I can do?

Appreciated!

VaVa
Strangely nearly all the best Ph1's have as many ph2 bits on them as possible.

So best to cut out the middle man and buy a ph2. ;-)

'18 Megane dci
Chris' gets my vote...

fox1379.gif

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Carbons is very nice, clarkies was great as well, heres Stoddies as I dont think hes around at the mo to post. Very nice car as well

IMG_0318.jpg

KIF_0013.jpg

If i had a ph1 172 though i think id go down the carbon copy route but with the prospeed that everyones got!

Chocolate Bar™
most on here are tidy to be honest, it'd be pretty unfair to choose the best, as said carbon copys is a tidy example (looks just as good in the flesh), also days (but his is black iirc)

V6 Exige, GTR R35
cheers for posting them pics john!

im still around when work permits....

cars down at GDI at the mo, getting a few bits and pieces done - ap racing 4 pots, glafer discs, larger single throttle body, inlet matched, cams, omex ecu and colour coding in the engine bay.....

will see who's is the best after that lot is on!

lagerlout1 said:
I've got a shift light thatnk you very much. As have all Ph2's. But not all Ph1's.....;)

Funnily enough so has mine thanks oh and an alloy bonnet ;) is yours a nice steel one? :rasp:

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
i really like stoddies ... cnt wait for the further upgrades, mean stuff :evil:

Golf R/Leon FR
yeah clarkie was called paul clarke!! was an awesome RS-1! so is carbons.

mine is completely standard apart from exhaust and air filter and ph 2 rear lights

V6 Exige, GTR R35
haitch said:
some good pics, how much are the AP Racing 4 pots stoddie?

think theyre about £850 with the brackets - plus anothe £450 odds for the galfer extreme kit and another £160 for pagid blue pads to fit..... expensive but hopefully should be worth it!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
Clart said:
how did u get the cup splitter to fit mate/

its a tight fit mate - but its slightly flexible and bends a little bit.

tape it in place till you think its right, and drill it......

get some stainless steel bolts, washers and nuts so you can easy take it off. think i used 4mm.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
gonna try that with the cup splitter on mine stoddie.

how much are they from Renault nowadays?

V6 Exige, GTR R35
carbon copy said:
gonna try that with the cup splitter on mine stoddie.

how much are they from Renault nowadays?

i got the k-tec carbon fibre one, think it was about £100, remember to get your discount!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
single throttle boddies?

when youre down there say hi to my car - be another 5 weeks before i get mine back!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
ah cool!

thought about that but apparently if youve got air con they have to modify different bits and bobs, new shortened radiator - so i just went for the larger single body.