ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The blue and yellow Dynamique

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I'm at work bored so I'm typing this out.. It may be a boring read as I'm kinda just whacking the keyboard but for some of you it may be worth a read. :) I hope to add more to this as I go along.

Please let me know what you think - even if it's bad (which I expect a lot of lol).

Over a year ago I decided I wanted a Clio. My brother had a MK2 PH2 1.4 and then rolled it after hitting black ice so replaced it with a MK2 PH1 172. I really liked that car so that helped me with my decision.

Anyway, I passed my theory test with 50/50 and then went onto my practical test where I received 1 minor. Was really chuffed with that :) The next month (July 2008) I got my first car.

It's a MK2 PH2 1.2 Dynamique in Ottoman Blue. For a first car I really pleased with it. I spent a stupid amount of cash getting the car (from a dealer) and another lump insuring the bloody thing. Since then the insurance has pretty much halved so it's not so bad anymore, but still pretty stupid!

firstpic.jpg

First thing I done was get the dealer sticker off and replace it with a CS sticker :)

firstpicwithbro.jpg

Since then there's been quite a few changes so I decided to make this project thread. I've had a few pics up from time-to-time and some people like where I'm going, others hate it. But, as is often mentioned on CS - Each to their own!

Here's a Photoshop of what I wanted (and still want) it to look like.

photoshop.jpg

I can't actually remember what order my first mods went in, but here they are...

I got hold of a RS upper grille and fitted that straight away. This made such a nice difference from just a small change.

(no photo - you all know what this looks like though)

As I got more comfortable with the car I wanted it to sound a bit beefier, so I got an induction kit. Bits of pipe here and there made it work and position exactly where I wanted it :) The sound from this was really nice even from a 1.2.

inductionkit.jpg

I then started to spray the diamond and bullets as most (if not all!) people do on CS. I decided yellow as at the time I hadn't seen others like it and it standed out. I wanted my car to look different so that was settled.

yellowbits.jpg

yellowinterior.jpg

I think at this stage I toyed around with stripping it but don't have any pics. One week the seats would be out, the next they would be back in... Around this time I also fitted my new headunit, front components and changed the real coaxials and fitted a sub and amp. I've made so many sub boxed I've lost count. Think the one I have now will suffice though lol. No pictures of what it looks like at the moment, will try get some pics.

Next step was a new exhaust! I wanted the usual 3.5" inward rolled slash cut but only wanted to change the backbox for now. I couldn't find out so settled for a twin 3" outward rolled. I liked it at first but soon hated it. This was really loud but I grew to love the sound. Occasional pops too :)

twinexhaust2.jpg

Next step was to start colour coding. I simply done the side strips for now but would do the others soon after. Well, I thought soon after but it took a long time lol.

(no pictures at this stage that I can find)

I got bored of that exhaust and found someone selling the backbox I wanted. It wasn't in great condition but it was better than what I had! So, took it round to the missus' house and had her Dad out with the angle grinder and welder to fit the new one. Due to the tubes we had I couldn't get it exactly where I wanted it but it'll do until I get a new SS system. It sits a too far out and ofcourse the cutout from the twin is still there. I plan on getting a sport bumper soon so not bothered about it and will also try and move the exhaust in a bit more so it's flush with the bumper.

At the same time we also smashed the insides of the cat out. Quite a few pops but want more! Also sprayed some more bits yellow...

newexhaust.jpg

At this stage I decided to strip it properly. Out came the seats as usual, spare wheel sub box went in and the door cards and boot interior were ripped out. I didn't like the sub box so built a new one to fit right inside the well.

strippingout.jpg

Ofcourse this left it even higher off the ground so next step is lower it. I can't afford coilies right now (they are a must on my list!) as I just paid for a holiday but will be lowering it as soon as I can.

I got a rear strut brace from someone here and sprayed it yellow to match the other parts and also a new boot lock (colour coded button now) as mine was faulty and a CAF of which the trumpet is now yellow.

strutbrace.jpg

The next mod on my list is a heat shield for the induction kit and the CAF for this. I intend to make a heat shield from aluminium and then look at other options at a later date. As well as this I've just paid for a lower sport grille and will modding this to fit the PH3 bumper whilst fitting the CAF at the same time.

I forgot to mention somewhere in here the colour coding of bumpstrips and maybe a few other bits. The colour coding of the bumper inserts went horribly wrong and I plan on re-doing these with paint that actually matches in the next couple days...

The handles are now colour coded.

handles.jpg

I got some of the protective tint film on the fogs as I quite liked this (it's yellow!) and also a sticker for the bonnet (in yellow! lol). I also forgot the mention the splitter above.. you can see that here. It's a renault optional I found on here ages ago. Also just realised I forgot to mention silvervisions :)

newsplitterfogs2.jpg

newsplitterfogs.jpg

Hoping to get the car nice and clean for proper photos tomorrow evening so will post those up too (probs in clio media).

Last edited:
  133, 182, Kangoo 182
s**t heap, let's be honest son ;)

Get those Coilers bought boss!

It's crying for coilies I just can't get hold of any right now :( May be able to get some cash together within a few weeks and if I do I'll be straight on the net ordering them! Only seen a couple on the forums and everyone gets in before me lol.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Not a fan of it but youve done well doing most of the work youself :)
Was waiting for one of these comments. As per usual, each to their own, etc but thanks for the positive comment :) Really enjoy working on this car.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Will be looking forward to the finished product.

Should get some vids up of the exhaust/IK. :)
Me too ;) lol. Main changes to come are rear bumper, re-colour coding, lowering and wheels. Once they're done I'll be happy :)

I'll try and get some videos online tomorrow. Cameras I have aren't very good with sound though :(

White Evo V
The photoshop picture looks really well! But you have got sidetracked and gone ott with the yellow!

IMO opinion you should paint the door mirrors blue again, get some mk3 shape badges for the tailgate (and leave them chrome), Take the yellow film off the fogs, slam it and then satin black wheels and some yellow rim tape on!

I reckon then youll be on to a winner!!! :approve: