ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clio V6

Clio 182 cup
Just been having a look on ebay and pistonheads...and i couldnt believe how cheap you can get one for:)....was going to get a 182..now im thinkin twice lol

liquid yellow ones still go for a mint

:eek: what a v6 liquid yellow? never seen one of them

A couple of my old one.....

DSC_0336.gif

DSC_0358.gif

Himley023.gif

Himley005.gif

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
You'll probably find all the 'lower end' of the price range Mk1s are dogs/damaged recorded or damaged and have crappy repairs. Was certainly the case when I was looking.

You can't beat it for getting looks and sparking up conversations in petrol stations either heh.

Dan

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
You'll probably find all the 'lower end' of the price range Mk1s are dogs/damaged recorded or damaged and have crappy repairs. Was certainly the case when I was looking.

You can't beat it for getting looks and sparking up conversations in petrol stations either heh.

Dan

Not supprised, bet your always at the petrol station with one of those things:D

Dan

I fully agree with you mate, people think... ooh mk1 vee 10k bargain !Yeah the chances are that it will be a dog, or indedd recorded.
At the end of the day you get what you pay for, always have & always will.

A decent mk1 is still worth over 12k to the right person.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Didn't Evo ratethe Mk1 Clio V6 as the best £10k car to buy? I dont think they'll all be dog's, but based on what i know, i'd only go for Mk2...

Tys.

Didn't Evo ratethe Mk1 Clio V6 as the best £10k car to buy? I dont think they'll all be dog's, but based on what i know, i'd only go for Mk2...

Tys.
They did yeah. Tbh at that time the vee only just scraped into the category. A 10k is likely to be rubbish (based on when I was looking for one)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Worth noting as well, that in the £10k heroes article, Evo did state the one they were testing had been damaged at some point in it's life and fully rebuilt by some Motorsport place heh.

Good ones for sub £11k are rare, the odd one goes through V6Clio.net, because of owners needing a quick sale.

Dan

Clio V6, cup racer
Worth noting as well, that in the £10k heroes article, Evo did state the one they were testing had been damaged at some point in it's life and fully rebuilt by some Motorsport place heh.

Dan

True, it was cat D in the past (although one of these can be classed cat D for very little real damage) and rebuilt by Mark Fish and by all indepenent accounts is better than the day it left Sweden!
Moral is, as long as you are sure it has been dealt with properly by someone who knows about these cars then there are some incredible bargains to be had.
And the reason there is a glut of 5 year old cars right now? Cam belts need changing @ around £1k ( Alex stick advert here:rasp: ).

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
They look stunning.

Do prefer the MK2 but i dont think it offers the level of performance that i would want. I always think the V6 should be Evo pace but its not. Alot of money for little more gains than a 182 which would make it difficult for me to fork out.

That said a V6 is all about posing!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I've recently taken a shine to them.

Would actually buy one above most other cars for the money (can't though, especially with what's coming my way:))

BMW M4; S1000 RR
They look stunning.

Do prefer the MK2 but i dont think it offers the level of performance that i would want. I always think the V6 should be Evo pace but its not. Alot of money for little more gains than a 182 which would make it difficult for me to fork out.

I'd be VERY suprised if a V6 didn't royally own a 182 in a straight line. Round a corner it's going to be close, but then what 1500kg car isn't a 182 close with round the bends ?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
They look stunning.

I'd be VERY suprised if a V6 didn't royally own a 182 in a straight line. Round a corner it's going to be close, but then what 1500kg car isn't a 182 close with round the bends ?

No.

Check 1/4 mile times (Just checked standard = 14.6).

Mildly modded Williams pull that.

You expect more, that is my point.

Integra Type-R DC2
Think the big part of what you pay for with a Vee is road presence and rarity. You dont see many about, and they really make people stop and have a look. Plus the noise...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

No.

Check 1/4 mile times (Just checked standard = 14.6).

Mildly modded Williams pull that.

You expect more, that is my point.

Your all missin the main point of the vee...It's not about power and handling...Don't get me wrong it is Hugely fast above 90 and handles well on track, ask anyone that was at cadwell! ;)

The car is all about rareity and bein exclusive, Somebody nearly crashed earlier leaning out the window starin at mine!! Cracks me up and simple things like walkin up to it from across the street or having people come up to you at petrol stations. It's a magical experience that all i can say.

The car could be slower than a 172 and i wouldn't care....

And if i was bein honest...sure i'd like another 50brake. But it's quick enough to keep up with a TB'd 172 and my mates evo about 100!

All depends what you want a car for, I loved the looks from the moment i passed my test and always said i'd buy one!

no regrets!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh I agree with what you are saying.

My first post # 24 touches on some of the points you made, but the road presence, exclusivety must be nice to have.

If were honest, they're really about posing!

What kind of mpg do you get from them.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Mpg - anywhere from sub 20 to about 31 was my best ever driving like a fag on a long run in heavy traffic.

I'm not gonna lie, the pose ability is massive. The full balls out performance difference between the 182 and V6 in a straight line isn't that great - but in daily driving the Vee is much quicker because it has loooooooooooooads of torque from very far down the rev range (the Mk1 makes it's peak torque a fair bit lower than the Mk2, and it's peak power). I've only played with one 182 in real life on the roads - and it was up a hill (crawler lane) and the huge torque advantage I had off the roundabout meant I owned him a bit hehe :) On the flat I'm sure the difference would've been far less pronounced.

And people always let you pull out of junctions I find heh. And as Ali touched on, it seems hugely quick and at it's best at higher speeds - the way it pulls from about 90 to some quite high speeds, even in 6th, is quite impressive. And in a straight line on the roads, it's a touch quicker than a stock, base WRX Impreza (they're 214bhp or something?), which is always handy :)

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
If you felt the need - superchargers and sequential boxes are always an option...

Dan

One big thing affecting price is cambelt its not cheap engine out if you want the pump doing as well and for the hastle might as well.