ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The daily runner

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Hey guys, i thought i would start a thread going as shes coming along nicely.

2002 Clio Authentique, 73k & fair to say she’s had a hard life! ;) She had 16 dents in all & very scratched bodywork. She was viewed in the peeing down rain! First pics of her.
newpix009.jpg

newpix011.jpg

newpix027.jpg

newpix025.jpg

So, a couple of weeks after kicking myself, thinking i've bought a dog i got on with it! :dapprove:

Firstly, a bloody good clean!

omg1012.jpg

correction007.jpg

correction2013.jpg

correction2022.jpg

That weekend, i went to pick up some alloys.

1stcoatSN4021.jpg

Mods done so far
Clio alloys
Painted callipers
Colour coded side strips, front bumper, mirror covers & spoiler
Second hand L/H light
Silvervisions all round
Black side repeaters
De dented
Resprayed 172 spoiler
Sourced some exterior handles, resprayed

Mods to do
Paint hubs black
Fit 172 spoiler
Colour code rear bumper
New alloys to fit
40m Apex springs to be fitted this month
Door handles to be fitted
RS grill on its way

Maybe
Pressed plates (vee too)

Last edited:

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Right, the rest of the pics :)

Bits to go on

016-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

How she stands atm

020-2.jpg

018-1.jpg

017-3.jpg

029-2.jpg

021-1.jpg

And these sexy wheels :)

013-2.jpg

032-1.jpg

I plan on fitting the new alloys asap, so my current alloys will be up for sale :) Also getting the cambelt done this week as im not sure its been done.

cheers guys

Last edited:
  mk2 clio 1.2
loving the car mate. where did you get your paint from to colour code the side strips and that. wanna do it to mine but want the correct paint . ??????

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
cheers guys, yep its my hangar at work.

I just used renault black from halfords, the first batch i did (sidestrips & spoiler) the paint was a great match, but the second lot was not as good. more of a grey/silver fleck than gold :(

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Nice!! Looks loads better already, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Said elsewhere but the difference is hugely impressive! :D

Always amazes me how a little bit a TLC can go a long way in transforming how a car looks! :)

bike
Said elsewhere but the difference is hugely impressive! Always amazes me how a little bit a TLC can go a long way in transforming how a car looks! I just used renault black from halfords, the first batch i did (sidestrips & spoiler) the paint was a great match, but the second lot was not as good. more of a grey/silver fleck than gold.loving the car mate. where did you get your paint from to colour code the side strips and that. wanna do it to mine but want the correct paint .

mk2 clio 1.2
cheers guys, yep its my hangar at work.

I just used renault black from halfords, the first batch i did (sidestrips & spoiler) the paint was a great match, but the second lot was not as good. more of a grey/silver fleck than gold :(

ok mate. my car is silver so im trying to colour code everything :D . ill go down halfords today and see if they got the paint. thanks again mate.

I remember mine looking quite bad as well (washed with a scouring pad spring to mind?!)

Looking good as mentioned with the paint correction.

Pretty impressed so far. How much of a b**ch were the handles to get off? (contemplating doing mine too)

Ta

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
lol, yep cleaned with a brillo pad! ;)

Its amazing how some peoples concept is of 'good condition'!!! (if that makes sense?) lol

Erm, handles i havent fitted yet! May do them tomorrow evening, i'll let you know how i get on!

ok cool - yeah I went and viewed a few 'cracking condition' 'immaculate bodywork' and they were all the same.

1 or 2 days with a rotary polisher and your sorted.

Where do you work by the way? With heli's i assume somewhere?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Agreed! :)

I work at Wycombe Air Park, maintaining the airways flying club fleet :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
wow what a transformation:) soo clean what cleaning products you use?

cheers mate, I gave her a good claying, machine polished with menzerna polishes, waxed with supernatural then lsp was grand finale. :)

I'm still sour about those alloys :(

The car does looking amazing though.

aww, Rob im sorry! If i sell them you have first refusal! Bring your car down & we'll make her super shiny! ???

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Wahoo! progress at last! I got my tyres today! Sprayed my rs grill & bought a 172 rear bumper, in black! Result ;)

Arrival

001.jpg

Sprayed!

052.jpg

:)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
cheers al, i hope so! I hope i'll be happy with the 40mm springs too! ?

Got my mods declared today, roll on the 22nd!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Ooooh, I got me a bumper! Abit tatty but its come up well after i wet sanded it & polished back up.

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Im planning on fitting the springs, front rs grill & rear bumper maybe next weekend. Tyres arrived for the wheels so they will be sorted asap too! Its just finding the time to do it!

Cheers :)

145db Euro'd clio
shes looking lovely! should definately come take some photos along side the ph1 ;) I also want you to detail my car for me. my paint is in awful conditon. i have a rotary but its so powerful and i'd rather pay you to do a good job! :D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
aww, Rob im sorry! If i sell them you have first refusal! Bring your car down & we'll make her super shiny! ???

Sounds like a good plan! Where are you from me-lady? (parker stylee)

Whilst you polish I'll fit all these bits to your car? lol!

Grill is looking good and so's the bumper, well the bumper looks VERY good, <3 your skills.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
shes looking lovely! should definately come take some photos along side the ph1 ;) I also want you to detail my car for me. my paint is in awful conditon. i have a rotary but its so powerful and i'd rather pay you to do a good job! :D

I cant believe i haven't seen you around yet! Yeh, pics would be good & a detail! Just gimme a shout, tx is easiest for me! 07854162291 :approve:

Sounds like a good plan! Where are you from me-lady? (parker stylee)

Whilst you polish I'll fit all these bits to your car? lol!

Grill is looking good and so's the bumper, well the bumper looks VERY good, <3 your skills.

Aww, cheers Rob. Im in High Wycombe, HP13 :)

The bits are being fitted near the end of the month, its handy having a mechanic for a brother ;)

She still needs a few bits sorting, i need to wet sand the bonnet, LH raer panel & door as its been keyed in the past :dapprove:

It'll keep me quiet over winter :D

Coming along nicely, On the grill why didnt you spray the whole thing black though?

RS bumper is a fantastic edition, Mine came with a few scrapes and scuffs, most wet sanded out,

I have a rotary, lake country pads (most cutting types) and mezerna polishes (again from low to very high cut) yet i cant seem to get my heavy 1500 sanding marks out?

Ive only ever polished painted parts, headlights and the odd panel, Im just not sure what i do wrong, any tips? i work the polish till its clear then burnish it (correct word)? and its still a bit cloudy.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I was running low on satin black with the grill, thought i'd try summat different!

As for the sanding marks, did you refine after using the 1500 paper up to 3000?

I just realised after reading some guides how silly i was forgetting the refining ! School boy error, Nopei didnt but i will with 3000, Thanks...

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
^ We've all been there! ;)

Im going to be wetsanding the whole bonnet this week. It has a few bird etching spots. Im going to fill the chips first, then flat down etc! should be fun :)

1.4 16v Clio ;)
Woahh!!! looks wicked!! im liking it.. i like the renault alloys there wicked! new picsss :)?... Also,, how much did your grill cost ya?
Cheers
Dan

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Cheers mate, the grill cost £35 posted. The springs, grill & bumper are going on this weekend! :)

Wheels need the tyres fitted & need to buy some locking bolts!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Little update! Still not got round to lowering her yet, but i will asap. So yesterday during my lunch break, i hoovered her out then decided to have a tinkle & see how the rear bumper comes off, 20 mins later & bumperless ;) So come 3'0 clock break, fitted the rs one. WOW, really does neaten up the rear nicely! :)

Today, 11am break i decided to fit the rs grill & my new hid bulbs (6500kw or what ever its called!) i have adjusted them fully down. Cars slowly getting there! :)

003-3.jpg

006-1.jpg

010-4.jpg

015-3.jpg

016-2.jpg

:)