ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dreaded engine management light

182 Trophy
Seen this loads of time but not the same.
Alternator Fried. Jump Started car got it to the garage on the battery. New Alternator fitted now will not start. Cranks but no fire. The engine management light stays on. Any ideas
car has been running perfectly prior. Crank sensor is new. Starting motor replaced a few years ago. Immobiliser light is normal. Garage thinks the alternator has taken out something with it but not sure what . No error codes show at all. put new battery on just in case old one had had it having been drained with the drive to the garage.

car is a 182 Trophy

182 Trophy
Popped a fuse somewhere?
I'm going to go through each one manually been done with a light sensor, but a friend told me the light can come on even if the fuse has blown. Same guy said to check to see if fuse 14 is missing apparently on early models this was the immobiliser fuse but on later models it was combined with another fuse but he didn't know which one. So that's my first job tomorrow (fun times!)

182 Trophy
Are you using Clip or some generic code reader?
honest answer not sure it was the garage that attached the reader. The know the car have got faults sorted before. The only code they got was once this morning something like unable to get cruising or engine speed?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
As above you need can clip hooking up and see what codes are stored, generic obd readers often read a load of shite on the renaults.

Have the basics been checked, fuel pump priming? Spark? Might be as simple as knocked a relay in the fusebox.

Just had a look at code readers the garage I think is a proper reader as it is attached to a laptop rather than the Amazon held held ome

There will be more informed people on here than me who can confirm but I think you have to take the car to someone that has Clip and has plenty of experience with it. Otherwise they are just making educated guesses.

Im pretty sure if there is a repeatable issue, Clip would be throwing something worthwhile up.

182 Trophy
I'm going to go through each one manually been done with a light sensor, but a friend told me the light can come on even if the fuse has blown. Same guy said to check to see if fuse 14 is missing apparently on early models this was the immobiliser fuse but on later models it was combined with another fuse but he didn't know which one. So that's my first job tomorrow (fun times!)
All fuses are ok. When the ignition is turned on the immobiliser light goes off but the stop light stays on and the engine symbol with stop in it flashes. If you try to start just cranks does not fire up

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I know you said you've put a new battery on but have you tested it to see if its in good condition? It could have been sat on a shelf for the last year or so. Anything below 12.4 volts and it can struggle to start. I'd get a multimeter on it and check, then you can rule that out. It might need banging on charge.
Just a thought. 🤔

182 Trophy
I know you said you've put a new battery on but have you tested it to see if its in good condition? It could have been sat on a shelf for the last year or so. Anything below 12.4 volts and it can struggle to start. I'd get a multimeter on it and check, then you can rule that out. It might need banging on charge.
Just a thought. 🤔
Battery has been checked its fine. Beginning to think ECU