ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The dreaded misfire....

Clio 172
Gentlemen,
I guess this isn't a new thing but before I start spunking money on parts I would like to hear opinions.

Had my Clio 172 since sunday and it has a slight misfire on idle and is running around 800rpm and chucking the p0300 code. Runs fine other than that. A good friend (who's had clios) has straight away said that it's an injector....thoughts?

It's not bothering me much but if like to sort it.

monaco 172
Injector is usually a good shout but with it been the 0300 no specific cylinder id start by checking the quality of the plugs and leads first.

Clio 172
Thanks for the reply,

I've pulled the plugs amd looked at them this evening, they don't look the best but didn't have any to swap them with. I shall get some at the weekend along with a full service kit. May just need some tlc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Clio 172
Thanks, from what I've read on here I thought it might be bit didn't want to spend out loads on different parts when most of you guys have probably dealt with the issues before.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I'd go with Bloke, pointing at an injector issue.
Simple enough to change over, and all too common to fail, just don't buy cheap Chinese copies.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Do you actually see any debris coming from the cleaning process? Or is the build-up microscopic?
Yeah you usually see the dirt coming out from the injector tip nozzle and it's left to sediment out after each injector clean. It then gets washed out before the next one is put in the bath of course.

Clio 172
I can ultrasonically clean injectors if you didn't want to fork out buying new ones.

Thanks buddy, bit far for me, I think I'll just get one new one and see how It goes, it's definitely not more than one cylinder.

Will keep this in mind for the future.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
If you did want/need a pre-loved injector, i have a good few available.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah you usually see the dirt coming out from the injector tip nozzle and it's left to sediment out after each injector clean. It then gets washed out before the next one is put in the bath of course.
I see. Is there an increased likelihood of injectors clogging up when the car is used for a long time on crappier petrol?