ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dynamique...

Clio Dynamique Noir
Okay so Ive been on here a while now and thought it was about time I showed you all what Ive been doing with the clio :approve: Been out of the country for 6 months but quickly got back interested in the car.

I have a Black 2001 Mark II Phase II Renault Clio Dynamique 1.2 16 Valve. This is what it looked like when I got it
clio2.jpg
[/IMG]
clio.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01747.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0005.jpg
[/IMG]
So I was delightteed with my first car and everything was going swimmingly but then the car started having a few problems. Starter motor went and this was my courtesy car :S
IMAG0151.jpg
[/IMG]
Then after a few months of being happy with my car I found Cliosport.net. Then I wasnt. The changes started! First thing I did was upgrade the sound system, as I was spending most of my time in my car and I loved listening to music in it. Upgraded the head unit, all four door speakers replaced, amp, sub, amp and power cap :) Havent taken a picture of the system as its just a standard in the boot jobby! Eventually Ill sink the sub into the spare wheel hole. Heres a pic of my head unit though!
DSCF3650.jpg
[/IMG]

Cant remember what order I did the rest of these things in so heres what I have done:

V-Maxx Coilies
IMAG0066.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0065.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0067.jpg
[/IMG]
This is how the car was sitting
IMAG0125.jpg
[/IMG]
Really want the rear up a bit more but the rear adjusters are on the highest setting! :dapprove:
CS Grille
DSCF3628.jpg
[/IMG]
Silvatecs (Only front)
DSCF3626.jpg
[/IMG]
3/4 Front Plate
DSCF3621.jpg
[/IMG]
New rear plate (No manufacturer) and 172 rear bumper
DSCF3622.jpg
[/IMG]
182 Alloys Resprayed in Black with Yellow Renault Badge
DSCF3633.jpg
[/IMG]
CS interior door handles
IMAG0053.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0056.jpg
[/IMG]
Colour coded door handles and door mouldings and smoked side repeaters
IMAG0061.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0062.jpg
[/IMG]

Was quite proud of myself for doing the coilovers as I dont really know WTF I was doing. Had the help of a couple of guides. Think the biggest job was getting the top mounts undone as there was 10 years of rust on there! BUT had a massive problem once i had fitted them. Because the 182 wheels have a different offset the wheels were sitting further into the car and the height adjuster (spring platform - i think!) of the front springs were digging into the tyres. And they chewed through a tyre! What a T*AT!!
IMAG0075.jpg
[/IMG]
So i had to put the old wheels back on and order myself some spacers. Got some FK 13mm hubcentric spacers and extended wheel bolts. Heres what the car looked like on the standard 5 spoke alloys
IMAG0099.jpg
[/IMG]
So before I went travelling for 6 months I was driving to bluewater when I pulled up at junction, went to pull away and the car didnt move :( It was like accelerating with the clutch down, the car was just revving. Got the car towed to my Dads and thats where it stayed while I was away. Soooo 7 months later I was back and the car was fixed!! Gearbox had gone :( Heres the thread about it if anyones interested. BROKEN
(Bit long though!) Got it fixed down in Portsmouth with Rentech. Great guys down there!! Definately would recommend! Car on its way :(
IMAG0587.jpg
[/IMG]
After I got it back from the garage the first thing it needed was a clean!!
DSCF3534.jpg
[/IMG]

Anyway now that Im back and have spent all my money I cant really afford (yet) the next mods I want to do.
Future Mods :p

Rear Silvatecs
Shorter (Type R) Aerial
Turinis
Colour code bullets
Colour code front bumper mouldings
Cup spoiler
Play around with sound in the car (Sub in spare wheel hole build!)
HID's
Aero Blades
Rear spacers
Air freshener!!

Quite a long list, only small things that I think will tidy the car up a bit more!! So seeing as I cant afford these yet Ive been really getting into cleaning my car. Well now I want to start detailing it properly!!
Gave it another clean today and this is how it currently stands
DSCF3635.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF3642.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF3641.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF3617.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF3646.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF3656.jpg
[/IMG]
Les%20Voitures
Les%20Voitures
DSCF3639.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for reading (if anyone has)

Comments welcome ;) Hope you enjoyed!

Last edited:
  Clio Campus Sport
"Play around with sound in the car (Sub in spare wheel hole build!)"

I have done this mod and i would Recommend it.
You still have alot of boot space

BMW 330ci
Looks nice mate, very similar to mine except my wheels are silver lol. Have you thought about getting an RS interior ? Really smartens the interior up, and is very comfortable.

Clio Dynamique Noir
Looks really smart.

Thanks!

Looking good!

Although i LOL'd at the CC. Worst thing i have ever seen :):)

Thanks mate! Haha I know awful looking car! Made sure I gave it a good drive though! :approve:

Did they actually make the courtesy car like that as standard? I've seen the exact same style polo here.

I have no idea and I dont want to know!! haha Terrible car!

"Play around with sound in the car (Sub in spare wheel hole build!)"

I have done this mod and i would Recommend it.
You still have alot of boot space

Ye? Does it sound good? This is something I am thinking of doing in the next few weeks, do you have a thread about it? Or any pics or know any guides on here about it pleease?

no need for turinis dude those wheels look spot on

Thanks matey although I think Clios with Turinis look really smart!

If your getting new wheels pm me a price for those ;)

Looks really smart mate keep it up

I will do :eek: Im glad people like them wasnt too sure about them after I got them done...

I think they actually made some polos like that... Saw a polo saloon with the same multicolour scheme going on, can't remember the name though...

Anyway! Ops car looks mint :D

Cheers

Aye, Harlequin Polo!

Nice looking car mate.

Thanks!

Very tidy mate. Given me a few ideas. Shame about the gearbox though, glad its all sorted!

Good stuff matey glad people actually like it!! I know was gutted thanks!!

Looks nice mate, very similar to mine except my wheels are silver lol. Have you thought about getting an RS interior ? Really smartens the interior up, and is very comfortable.

Have you got a thread for yours? I have but dont know if I could afford one atm :dapprove: Have you changed the door cards aswell? Is it a big job?

Looks spot on that mate, love that head unit.

Cheers matey!!! Would quite like one with a scroller (nob) as scrolling through my ipod library is looooong!ha

Thanks for all the comments people!

Clio Dynamique Noir
Okay so I am looking for a bit of help with some of my plans for the car please...

Splitter - Looking to just get one of the Skoda splitters. Seen everyone raving about them. Firstly will it fit onto a Non sport Clio? And have people bought them from ebay or skoda site?

Shorter Aerial - Seen people on here buy the 'stubby' aerials. Think they are type r aerials? maybe? or maybe bee sting? Any help or where to buy?

Spare wheel sub build - I have done a search on this one, not found anything recent so dug up some ancient threads, but if anyone has any advice or a progress thread on this? would be great!

HID's - I have previously bought some from HIDS4U.co.uk but had to send them back to raise a bit of money for travelling so never got to install them. Seen people have just got them off ebay for about £40 less. Theyre £100 from them^. Anyone notice a difference in quality or anything?

Rear spacers - Know quite a few people have done this, anyone recommend a size? And it going to mean getting some extended wheel bolts again? Also I have V-maxx coilies and they are on the highest setting on the back but there is no gap in the wheel arch. If I fitted spacers the outside tyre wall would just scrub on the arch. Anyone have any ideas on this one? Or am I just going to have to live with the horrible offset on the rear wheels? (< Think thats the right term :eek:)

Any advice or help, much appreciated!! Cheers guys!

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Really nice car, looks good. LOL at the Polo harlequin! How embarassing, don't see many of those going about!

Bike*
Okay so I am looking for a bit of help with some of my plans for the car please...

Splitter - Looking to just get one of the Skoda splitters. Seen everyone raving about them. Firstly will it fit onto a Non sport Clio? And have people bought them from ebay or skoda site?

Shorter Aerial - Seen people on here buy the 'stubby' aerials. Think they are type r aerials? maybe? or maybe bee sting? Any help or where to buy?

Spare wheel sub build - I have done a search on this one, not found anything recent so dug up some ancient threads, but if anyone has any advice or a progress thread on this? would be great!

+1 on these mate, im not clued up haha!

Best clio I have ever seen, so sexy! I love it :) :) :rasp:

Good job! Proud of you! :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RenaultSport clio 182 Cup
Do you still have the standard Clio alloys mate? Looking for a set.

Cars looks fantastic btw, love it.

Clio Dynamique Noir
Yarr I do, but Im keeping them for when I sell the car, going to put them back on, and tbh i wouldnt like to sell them to you in the condition they are in they need a massive refurb and new tyres all round! Sorry bud, thanks though!!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Very nice mate! Miss my black 1.2! It was my babe!! And good to see sum one using tyre shine!!

Clio Dynamique Noir
I have neglected this thread A LOT!! This isn't much of an update just after a bit of help please! I am emigrating to Australia at the end of the year so unfortunately the Clio will have to go :(

I'm going to start getting it ready to sell now and always had in mind that I would put it back to OEM or as stock as I can and take all the parts off I have put on. However, now I don't think I will be able to get as much money for it as I would like and it looks like a 17 year olds dream! :p
So really I am asking for people's opinions on whether I should strip it and sell the parts separately or sell it as it stands now.

Parts consist of:

182 Alloys
V-Maxx Coilovers
Sound system : Head Unit, 2 Components, 2 Coaxial, 2 Amps, Sub
False Floor with Sub sunk in
182 Grille
172 Rear Bumper
Colour Coded Side Skirts & Exterior Door Handles
HID Headlights
Sport Interior Door Handles

What do you think? Thank you!!!

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
take it back to standard mate. it'll be worth more and you can sell your parts on here.