ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Flappy Bird Thread

SQ5
I don't get it, the flappy birds won't be on there when you use your Apple ID.....

We said this too, but I guess they're technically selling that too. Email can then be changed I imagine but you'd still own nod be selling all of your content!

DB.

BMW 440i
Until money has been paid I won't be taking notice of the silly bids, it's just people being stupid IMOIMO

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ebay has been the same since the dawn of time, I hate people even linking stupid bids! Idiots!

Anyway why is it gone? Have I missed something?

Arctic 182
Just posted this in a similar thread, but it's all about splashy fish now lol
umu5ujy5.jpg

Edit: gally - the developer got so much stick from ratings, media ETC that he got fed up & took it down. He said it's not for sale either so afaik no more flappy bird! Hence why people are jumping on the wagon with things like splashy fish!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't understand. He got stick? It's a f**king game, don't like it, turn it off. I did!

Developer sounds like a weirdo!

Arctic 182
I think people were slating it, saying it's too hard ETC. It was reviewed by ?IGN & given a s**t review. "No level progression" & stuff like that. It was a simple fun game not a massive fantasy RPG! My bro just said he may have been threatened with legal action as it looked too much like Mario? Not sure though.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't understand. He got stick? It's a f**king game, don't like it, turn it off. I did!

Developer sounds like a weirdo!

The guy leads a quiet life in Vietnam or somewhere like that. Enjoys his quiet life making iPhone games. Gets a bit with flappy bird. All of a sudden he's getting 50k a week, media at his door, people hassling him over it, people offering to buy it.
Guy wants his old quiet life style back. Takes flappy bird down. Guy is happy again and now considerably richer

Fiesta ST-2
What sort of cost will that listing incur out of interest? Is it some big practical joke to get retards believing someone is actually going to buy their phone for an absurd amount?

Last edited:
The guy leads a quiet life in Vietnam or somewhere like that. Enjoys his quiet life making iPhone games. Gets a bit with flappy bird. All of a sudden he's getting 50k a week, media at his door, people hassling him over it, people offering to buy it.
Guy wants his old quiet life style back. Takes flappy bird down. Guy is happy again and now considerably richer

except his quiet life is gone anyway as he is still being hassled , however now he isn't getting any money.

he could have found a quiet life and still let the money roll into the bank if he thought about it .

SQ5
I imagine the advertisers paid him a percentage based on downloads and maybe additional clicks.

I imagine £50k was nearly all profit, not like he had any overheads for it.

172 + 350z
IMO he should have rode the attention out, a few weeks of making a lot of money and been hassled (not saying this is easy) but it will all be over in a months time. Instead now by removing it it's created even more hype. Unless it is a big plan to get even more money from his other apps etc.