ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The FRS has gone...

Time for its replacement! Hopefully the sun will come out again as the pictures don't do the colour any justice.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Its ability to put the power down is very impressive, it also makes the daily commute very relaxing!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I like that! Awesome colour too.
Would like one of these when they drop a bit more money.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
How come you swapped? I know it's not everything but the FRS seems to be holding its money quite well at the moment.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I can never tell these apart from the S or S-line. Even the tdis have that wing!

But i bet it's effortless and comfortable. And obviously very understated.

Is this the 2.0 s3/.:R or 2.5 rs3 engine?

I know nothing about baby RS's

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
That looks nice is it the DSG?
What does it sound like compared to the FRS?

How come you swapped? I know it's not everything but the FRS seems to be holding its money quite well at the moment.
I would imaging that when the new RS comes out end of the year is the mk2 is going to take a bit of a hit if the new one is £30k ish as nobody is going to pay £25k for a 5-6 year old car when they can have a brand new one with warranty for a bit more.

I personally think the prices are going to drop soon, I also did as much as I could before I spent big £££. The plan was to sell the FRS and save for a GTR but I knew of this car previously and the owner decided to sell up. I stupidly went to see it and then decided I want it 😂

That looks nice is it the DSG?
What does it sound like compared to the FRS?

Yup, it's DSG. It sounds quiet but I currently have the standard system on it, still sounds good when the sport button is activated though. The system I had on the FRS just droned and I went back to the Milltek. Not too sure what I am going to do with this one yet.

I can never tell these apart from the S or S-line. Even the tdis have that wing!

But i bet it's effortless and comfortable. And obviously very understated.

Is this the 2.0 s3/.:R or 2.5 rs3 engine?

I know nothing about baby RS's

It's the 2.5 5-cylinder engine :smile:

Prefer the Focus, but at least its replacement also has a proper engine.

None of these new mega-4-pots interest me, and they all sound s**t. OEM pops n bangs remaps included.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Really good cars and epic engine. I was only dissapointed by the standard sound. The TTS with a Milltek sounded sportier than the TTRS for some reason.

I'm detailing a heroic Suzuka Grey one in the next few weeks.

Looks lovely that!

Am I right in thinking your FRS was quite a high powered one? if so will this be going down a similar route?

It was running 425+, not too sure how far I will take this at the moment. It's currently running a stage 1 APR remap so it's running about 410.

Prefer the Focus, but at least its replacement also has a proper engine.

None of these new mega-4-pots interest me, and they all sound s**t. OEM pops n bangs remaps included.

I thought I would make the change whilst prices were still high, I can't see them staying this high for long though.

Really good cars and epic engine. I was only dissapointed by the standard sound. The TTS with a Milltek sounded sportier than the TTRS for some reason.

I'm detailing a heroic Suzuka Grey one in the next few weeks.

I love the Suzuka Grey! Get some pictures up (if you can?) It does sound rather quiet, I need to hear some in person before I decide though.

TTRS & V50
Great cars these. And Quattro puts power down beautifully.

I love these and love the colour, just such a shame about the spoiler.

See, I think the spoiler on this looks great, certainly not out of place, where as the cup spoiler on the 197/200 just looks dog sh1t, straight outta Halfords.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Love it. Really want one!

Not sure if your focus is still for sale on RS direct but it was up for mega money, although I do realise yours was a very very high spec.

Love it. Really want one!

Not sure if your focus is still for sale on RS direct but it was up for mega money, although I do realise yours was a very very high spec.

It looks like it is still up for sale, not too sure if he will get 30k for it. It's worth more in parts :( I just hope someone buys it and enjoys it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The FRS would be preferable for me, I'm afraid - but I understand the wanting to change.

A White FRS left the trade counter at work this week - pretty much burbling its way out of the car park. Then it had some beans given to it on the road and the sound was like it was ripping the very air apart. Even those not really into cars in the office said "WTF was that?".

I've not driven either. But where the TTRS comes across as being good - the FRS to me is special.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Try the Milltek exhaust with the remote valve if you can get one for the RS3. I've heard one on a new S3 and it sounds lovely.

Snotter's
One of my favourite cars, when I worked for Audi they always tended to get sold very quickly. I took a plus model as p/x had had to drive it back from Edinburgh and I was blown away by it.

Suzuki Jimny
Quite like the idea of these, although what are they like at 60mph on a b-road? Get the feeling they'll be another car that's no fun under the speed limit :(

I think this is fairly special tbh:
IMG_6039_zpsk9wt6alp.png

Personally, i love them, have been looking at them as a daily.

I want to borrow a performancebox and try that myself! I'm already eyeing up an intercooler, bypass pipes and the stage 2 map :innocent:

Try the Milltek exhaust with the remote valve if you can get one for the RS3. I've heard one on a new S3 and it sounds lovely.

I've seen a few types of Milltek being advertised and you can get one that maintains the active exhaust valve. I will need to hear some as the last thing I want is the drone I got with some of the FRS exhausts. It was a nightmare and made it unbearable on the longer journeys.

Quite like the idea of these, although what are they like at 60mph on a b-road? Get the feeling they'll be another car that's no fun under the speed limit 😧

It's not as bad as you might think although it does feel very refined compared to a 1*2.

Z4
Lovely, but I'd imagine the FRS was more of a drivers tool.

I drove a 2015 RS3 on Friday, undeniably a very good car and you'd struggle to find something that will cover ground as fast, but it felt utterly disconnected from the road, even in dynamic & sport.

The engine & exhaust combo were amazing though, does this pop and crackle on downshifts?