ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Hidden/Deep web / tor.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Just been introduced to this verbally by someone tonight, does anyone know much about it?

Is it just the realm of computer whizz kids or a real "playground"

From what i've heard its a completely unrestricted web area... well the rest of the web bar the "tip of the iceberg we use/see"

Hitmen can be ordered, drugs can be bought, things can be downloaded. Basically anything illegal can be done here completely free of prosecution because ip addresses are masked and a bunch of other s**t i dont understand.

There are a fair few videos on youtube explaining how to get on tor. etc but its all a bit mental for me and i dont trust it. Just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about it because from what i've heard its a scary, dangerous and magical place...

I also dont want 5 knocking my door down!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Just got it going and on the secret wiki looks pretty good to me! Nice find

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I'm scared to go any "deeper" than the first bloody depth!

There are bomb making sites and stuff FFS!

Governments must be crawling all over it but if it's all "hidden/secure" whatever how can they track folk.

Peado central as well!?

I'm more scared than curious tbh!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
They must be monitoring it somehow.

I f**king hope so!

The scope of it is just mind boggling though.

All the bad s**t we hear about is just at a "normal" level and this the "tip of the iceberg".

They're all up in our internenets y0!

Megane 225 F1
Screen Shot 2011-11-27 at 01.41.42.png

LOL

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Basically!!

f**k actually going on it though.

Been reading a Reddit thread on it and even they're scared by it hah.

Chock full of Child p**n it seems... Which has made me not want to go any further then reading about it. Horrible f*****s.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I'd imagine and hope they are but it seems it's easy for someone with a bit of Internet hackz0r knowledge to stay anonymous.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Well from what I've read it's basically what the Internet was before search engines... You had to have or know the exact URL to go to a site.

It's not technically illegal in that respect but the content is inherently because it's anonymous.

Have a butchers at the Reddit thread, some good info on there.

"91,000 terabytes of information in the deep web approx, and only 167 terabytes in the known web we see and use every day..."

It's mahoosive

id like to know what the legalities are for even going on it? would i get a knock on the door if i look at the wiki

I went on it, nothing will happen.

The hidden wiki is just a compiled list of the most common hidden sites, there are 0000s more.

Dont click anything though haha.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Actually, if people that don't understand Deep Web insist on browsing it through links from hiddenwiki, DO NOT click on anything marked CP. This refers to Child p**n.

Just a word of warning for anyone that feels the need to explore it for "fun"

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Tor is just a clever proxy server. Its about as secret as the moon.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
You really think browsing anonymously is possible?

Not at all, anyone can be found, it does take time though. Tor provides little to no protection though.

And bully, it's lol worthy at peoples view point on Deep Web. It's a great and very useful resource, but there is stuff on there that people who don't understand what they are doing properly can access by mistake. Things like I mentioned above, it's not something that you should just browse, some of the stuff you can stumble upon is quite frankly sickening and disturbing.

It isn't just for illegal activities.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
The amount of child p**n on there is keeping me from looking any further.

Why is it chock full of the stuff?

I assume law enforcement are crawling all over it?

2014 Focus Titanium
Can't believe I've never heard of this. I'm ashamed, I'm not a true geek. Very intrigued by this and I'm going to read up on it but it sounds like a pretty horrible place according to what you lot are saying!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Is it really a good idea to have words like that associated with this forum?