ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The impression your car gives off...

Cayman S Edition 1
When I was first looking at getting a 172 the convo with my missus went:

ME: I think I want a Clio Cup
HER: Your mom has a Clio which she's selling why dont you just buy that?
ME: Issue #1 it's a 1.2, issue #2 it's Green
HER: A clio is a Clio
ME: NO IT'S NOT IT'S DIFFERENT, HAS A MASSIVE ENGINE
HER: They are exactly the same!
ME: *Slap* Dont question me

My wife drives a Megane 225, so I don'get any of that:)

I have only been asked a few times since having mine, but most people seem to know what it is.
The best reply for girlys is "A Clio.....in a pretty blue colour"

White clique
I always just so "just a clio" because if you start adding the fact its the sporty one, it just seems like you are clinging on to small hope. In their heads they are still thinking about an L reg 1.2, but just with a big exhaust and go faster stripes.

Audi A3
LOL!

If they ask in conversation I just say a 106. They dont care that its a GTi. Same as id never say "I have a Clio, but its urrmm the Renault Sport version"

If you need to use your car to impress a female I suggest selling it and spending the money on a personality.

haha love it,

and on piont if anyone asks i just tell them i drive a clio i dont think there really to intrested in what spec it is if there female generally

CLS, RS MEG
My g/f's sister got in my 172 when i met her, "lol - you have a girls car, she said"

Exit next roundabout in 2nd. She bangs her head on the roof and complained of being car sick. STUPID GIRL

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Everyone just thinks its a cr@p little shopping trolley tbh, so i just say its a clio cup. Means nothing to most people. Despite the fact its by far the quickest car at work, due to it not having a VW, Audi or BMW badge, everyone assumes its pap...

Although one of my girlfriends mates was in it the other day and after a small overtake proclaimed (she drives a 1.2 corsa mind you) that it was 'as fast as the speed of light'. Made my day lol :)

If im honest though, when i bought it i was slightly heartbroken by one comment. We met the future in-laws and some friends at the pub and my girlfriends bro had just bought a 2002 cooper-s. The entire group crowded around the mini and said how amazing it was, someone then came over to my beautiful little clio and promptly said 'when are you going to buy a proper car like the mini then dave', i nearly cried :(

I promptly annihilated it on the way home to prove a point ;)

200 cup & 106 GTi
I just don't care what people think, sometimes i pretend i'm not in to cars when talking to girls, because they are almost never interested, and if they are they can wait until they meet me for a second time to find out what i drive ;)

Pretty much every guy thinks i've got a clio cup, virtually nobody knows what a trophy is, and even if they do they don't realise what actually makes it individual.

alien green rs133
i say a pretty blue one

although i met a girl, (seeing her again on saturday) and my mate has a mini cooper 56 reg the has jcw bodykit on, we were talking about cars and he showed her pic on his phone, to which she started reciting jcw spec sheet EPIC

330Ci (Fail)Sport
If girls asks what I drive I say "clio 172" normally, then they ask "172?" I reply "the quick one....like the golf gti". It gets a nod and "oh right" and the conversation continues.

I have only been asked a few times since having mine, but most people seem to know what it is.
The best reply for girlys is "A Clio.....in a pretty blue colour"

i say a pretty blue one

although i met a girl, (seeing her again on saturday) and my mate has a mini cooper 56 reg the has jcw bodykit on, we were talking about cars and he showed her pic on his phone, to which she started reciting jcw spec sheet EPIC

Its all about pretty blue !!

clio 182
Car= "European Sports Car" (clio) Job= "Mechanical, Electronic Diagnoistic Technician" (mechanic) :eek:

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I say, it smells of diesel and there are stiletto marks in the roof lining, want to add some more?

PH1 172 Sport
Everyone just thinks its a cr@p little shopping trolley tbh, so i just say its a clio cup. Means nothing to most people. Despite the fact its by far the quickest car at work, due to it not having a VW, Audi or BMW badge, everyone assumes its pap...

If im honest though, when i bought it i was slightly heartbroken by one comment. We met the future in-laws and some friends at the pub and my girlfriends bro had just bought a 2002 cooper-s. The entire group crowded around the mini and said how amazing it was, someone then came over to my beautiful little clio and promptly said 'when are you going to buy a proper car like the mini then dave', i nearly cried :(

I promptly annihilated it on the way home to prove a point ;)

I had something similar last year on my placement when I brought the clio. Hardly anyone knew what it was and I got mick taken as the exhaust was loud for a small car with a small engine (i didn't tell them it had a 2 litre). :mad:

To make it worse thoose taking the biscuit owned a bmw 325i auto and a cooper s. Both got annhilated on the M/way that evening. Nothing was ever said again!

I now quite like the fact nobody really knows what they are. I'm going to a BMW track day with it in feb so that should be fun!!

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
If its a girly i just say 'I drive a Clio' and thats it dont often get asked tho.

If a lad asks norm say '182 Clio' or 'Clio Trophy' and is nearly always followed by 'Is that quick?'

haha, a clio is not going to impress many girls! french cars FTL at pulling

Defintly, when I had the Civic i always got a 'ooh thats nice' for some strange reason girls loved it, But who needs a car to impress? the clios the yoke!

DMS

A thirsty 172
If a woman asks what car I drive I say, "A silver Clio".
If a bloke asks what I drive, I say "Clio 172".

"A silver Clio" is enough if women ask. I don't think one's ever asked what type of Clio, so I've never had to explain.
Very few blokes ask what a Clio 172 is. They either already know what it is, or won't ask for fear of making it obvious they know sod all about cars.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
i say a pretty blue one

did everyone miss the fact that she is going to be banging your mate soon.:S
Like I said I drive a bright yellow puma. they are usually more welcoming after assuming i'm a gay hairdresser. then i pounce!;)

Clio
nothing wrong with driveing a 17 year olds car i bought my 1.2 16v in 2004 when i was 19 and still gonig strong so why get rid ??

E87 118d M Sport
usually get "omg why did you spend that much on a clio. what a chavvy girls car".
the lucky ones get a ride and then go "o right, didnt realise it was this powerful, i reali like it"

320d
I just say clio. Mines just a run of the mill car realy, you wouldn't think boy racer, scruff, rich or whatever.

Mind you no matter what you do people judge your for it straight away, where you live, what you do for a, living etc.

Tbh most of the time if someone says what engine or w.e they either go on to tell you how they're cars better or make some rediculous comment like you can get it chipped to 130bhp (guy on holiday).

ITB'd 182...
Me- "Clio"

Girl- "Oh, My mum's got one of them!"

Fail :dead:

Not worth trying to explain why i've got a jungle gym in the back tbh...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Me- "Clio"

Girl- "Oh, My mum's got one of them!"

Fail :dead:

Not worth trying to explain why i've got a jungle gym in the back tbh...
if you tell the right girl a story about why you have scaffolding in the back of your car it could be comedy gold!

iv had that one... Dolphin trainer is a winner everytime... ;)

dont have the same kind of reacion if i tell her im a scaffolder

lol i had someone tell me this, at the time i was slightly tipsy, and yes i believed him..... was like wow u work at sea world? love that place... but after he kept lettin little giggles out when tlkin about his "job" i clicked he was jokin

Ian

Focus TDCi
Gotta try harder next time by the sound of it swell ;)

I say mines a Clio, cos it is. Most people aren't bothered anyway.

BMW M135i
Any girl who has to enquire what sort of car you have is clearly a gold digging slut.
+1

Haven't read the thread but can't agree anymore than this, as a rule decent birds do not car what car you drive skanks do. And anyway I couldn't care less what they think as long as I like it.