ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Glad to see this thread still going chaps. Some superb shots recently.

I've not used my camera in well over a year, which is quite sad really.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
19595435538_2d6d76a704_z.jpg
Waterfalls At River Browney by Mark Geddes, on Flickr
went back to the River Browney with my wellies this time go get in a decent spot. only got a big stopper i would of liked a shorter shutter speed but it came out quit well i think overall. think it's a 2 minute or just over exposure, done quit well as i can't see any camera shake

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
19721823828_f6f481c5d5_z.jpg
Groyne Lighthouse by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

took this at South Shields, first time and and pretty much everywhere i go to is the first time lol. Really wasn't happy with the clouds and too many people walking about and fisherman at the lighthouse too, so i had to really push to get a long exposure, i would of like more blur in the clouds i think this was at little over 3 minutes. Was dark cloud over head right at the end just for a couple minutes but it doesn't seem to bring it out much on the picture. I didn't have much for different angles due to high tide. Next time be better.

Last edited:
  1.2 16v Dynamique
Took this the other day at Charlton Lakes in Andover, unfortunately I am on Holiday in Yorkshire and don't have the original file so this is off of my Facebook, but i really like this photo.

Attachments

• 905789_930256337015779_2162808894295245461_o.jpg
    905789_930256337015779_2162808894295245461_o.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 45

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Nice. Looks like you've got a decent location too.
Thank you. Yes it was a decent location (Milky Way over against the lake), but unfortunately the light pollution was too much. By the way, Flick oversharpened the pic :(

Not a great photo (poor focus for a start). But received my A7ii today. I took this on my 500D, so will retake tomorrow night with the new camera.

20127504076_83d672f8cf_b.jpg
Sony Alpha A7 ii unboxing by Chris J, on Flickr

Both of these were taken on the 500D with the Sigma 50mm 1.4 (which I plan on selling over the next week).

19965796010_28f058baf4_k.jpg
Danbo in the woods by Chris J, on Flickr

20128028946_5efe7ab97a_k.jpg
Dangerous Steve .com by Chris J, on Flickr

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i quit like the first image C.J

Here's another shot from last night, when i saw the full moon i saw to take a shot so i looked around and saw i could use the rocks on the bottom right and the wheels and use the moon on the top left a nice diagonal line. A shame there's no detail in the moon. it was very clear

19988679698_f2f1976c3e_z.jpg
Moonlight Over Chemical Beach by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
You'd have to do two exposures if you want detail in the moon and blend them in photoshop.
Nice shot tho

Swift Sport
Thanks dude!

The 'official' photographer that they paid £400 for wedding photos kept copying my ideas, which was pretty annoying lol.

Clio 1.2 16v
that's quality that like Dredz, what did you do to get that? get a 800mm lens then that'll be a stonker of a image
That was with my 55-250mm, Fully zoomed out and hand shot, spot metered, under compensated the exposure a couple of clicks and iso 200, Once I get a tripod i'l probably buy a super zoom but for now i'm happy with the setup i've got

2014 Focus Titanium
That was with my 55-250mm, Fully zoomed out and hand shot, spot metered, under compensated the exposure a couple of clicks and iso 200, Once I get a tripod i'l probably buy a super zoom but for now i'm happy with the setup i've got
I have the same lens and believe me with a tripod you'll get some awesome results! Here was what I managed in 2013:
10947713784_af050dbb3c_b.jpg
Moon-1
by Alan D. Key, on Flickr

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I have the same lens and believe me with a tripod you'll get some awesome results! Here was what I managed in 2013:
10947713784_af050dbb3c_b.jpg
Moon-1
by Alan D. Key, on Flickr

that's incredible that, with the 55-250mm lens you say? amazing you can get that close with it, is it cropped too to make it bigger? I'd really like to get into star photography and a moon shot like is something worth really getting into

2014 Focus Titanium
Thanks mate. Yeah it's cropped and obviously sharpened, with the whites and blacks tweaked a bit in lightroom. Took me a while to get this but they way I did it was manual focus, photo, look, tweak the manual focus, photo, look, tweak again, etc. In the end I took about 20 photos over the space of 10 mins.

To look at the sharpness in detail on the fly I had my tablet plugged into my camera via an OTG lead and I used a free DSLR app to remote take the photos and examine because it's much easier to see how sharp it is on an 8" 1080p screen than a 3" one!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I was able to spend a short time at a Bird of Prey Centre again yesterday whilst en-route to a family get-together. Time was short so the photos were a bit rushed. I'm also a little disappointed that my images are a bit too noisy and not as sharp as I'd like, and that a few shots had to be taken through the wire fencing. I really would like to consider some better glass and to start using some filters but a) I haven't a clue and b) I've never used ND / grad filters and suchlike. Here are a few I took:

20057221219_e2aa4d992c_o.jpg
NS BoPC
by Andy Eder, on Flickr

20217554196_eef663f036_o.jpg
NS BoPC
by Andy Eder, on Flickr

20055812048_a0344e0e6c_o.jpg
NS BoPC
by Andy Eder, on Flickr

20217555066_a6bf7ebf73_o.jpg
NS BoPC
by Andy Eder, on Flickr

20055800500_5f688e1125_o.jpg
NS BoPC
by Andy Eder, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
They are nice Andy.
What are you using as the exif only shows the processing data, not the camera info and settings.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah nice pictures there, my favourite is the first one. I can't see any noise like. I guess it's hard to picture birds.

Took this the other day with my new 17-40mm Canon L lens
19610579683_7af9d4418a_z.jpg
Durham Cathedral by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
They are nice Andy.
What are you using as the exif only shows the processing data, not the camera info and settings.
Thank you mate. I'm using an ageing Canon 40D body with a Canon EF 70-300mm f4/5.6 IS USM lens. Some of the animals in shadow were shot ~ISO 400 and nicely lit areas I shot around ISO 100-200. All images were shot handheld and had to be sharpened in Photoshop. Maybe I don't have the steadiest of hands but I do find this lens quite soft at length, even when used with a tripod. I would have to check the original images again to view the EXIF as I didn't realise Photoshop export removed that information. These were also shot in Aperture (Av) mode as opposed to full manual.

Yeah nice pictures there, my favourite is the first one. I can't see any noise like. I guess it's hard to picture birds.

Took this the other day with my new 17-40mm Canon L lens
19610579683_7af9d4418a_z.jpg
Durham Cathedral by Mark Geddes, on Flickr
Thank you.
I absolutely love the reflection and composition mate; that would make a lovely canvas print.