ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks! Shot in Jersey in the Channel Islands, get some pretty clear skies compared to most there but still got a decent amount of light pollution unfortunately.
Very nice.
I thought I recognised the lighthouse, I think we visited it when we went a few years ago - saying that, there are a lot on that Island!
I'd love to get back there now I shoot more night stuff, loads of places which will be decent for clear skies.

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Thank you! As it turned out, the lens performs very poorly below f/4 and if the focus distance is more than 5 m :( I'm so disappointed :(

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I've started to use Lightroom now and have gone through some older images - really like what you can do, such a powerful piece of software.

25475730001_fc46b7e980_z.jpg
G-EUYA Departing Gibraltar by Simon Nicholls, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice Simon.
Lightroom is all I use now to edit. Only open photoshop to remove something from the shot or to create a timelapse

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Which lens did you buy? The image looked good of the flowers
I've bought a Canon 28-70 f/2.8L Cracking IQ at most focal length and aperture but at 28 mm and below f/4 the left side of the pic is very soft. Decentered?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Took this a few years back with my Lomography Fisheye (I can sense some hate for this coming my way as it's not a proper camera!). Clock tower at University of Birmingham.
CNV00028_zpsyea37ipy.jpg

I also have a ring flash for it which gets some crazy lighting. All my friends hate that camera as you have to get real close to what you are taking a picture of and with the ring flash its quite bright! And then you can't delete the picture as it's film. Haven't used it properly for a while now, the current film is probably out of date, but that could get some interesting images!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've bought a Canon 28-70 f/2.8L Cracking IQ at most focal length and aperture but at 28 mm and below f/4 the left side of the pic is very soft. Decentered?
Might be worth returning it if it was brand new. Some lenses come off focused from new. I know of people sending lenses back a few times before getting one perfectly sharp all through.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Up at 5 this morning to climb up to the Old Man Of Storr. Absolutely killed me as I'm ridiculously unfit.
A frame from a timelapse I shot. Got a lot of editing to do when I'm home. 7x16gb and 1x8gb cards used. Most absolutely full.

Phone edit.
IMG_20160309_165759.jpg

2004 Clio 182
Up at 5 this morning to climb up to the Old Man Of Storr. Absolutely killed me as I'm ridiculously unfit.
A frame from a timelapse I shot. Got a lot of editing to do when I'm home. 7x16gb and 1x8gb cards used. Most absolutely full.

Phone edit.
Holy hell that's a lot of shots! Looking forward to the final product!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Full. Tried ready to go home. Just not ready for the 9+ hour drive back today.
Started a timelapse of a star trail. Fucked it off after 40 minutes due to loads of cars passing with their full beams on. Will end up not using any of those shots.
Moved further north, should have started here really..off the camera into Snapseed, upped shadows. Can't wait to edit them properly when I'm home.
IMG_20160310_001732.jpg

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I'm posting this photo here as it won't qualify for pic of the month but just checking that I'm on the right wavelength regarding the depth of field subject. So... Yay or nay, is this depth of field?

IMG_2386.JPG

2004 Clio 182
Full. Tried ready to go home. Just not ready for the 9+ hour drive back today.
Started a timelapse of a star trail. Fucked it off after 40 minutes due to loads of cars passing with their full beams on. Will end up not using any of those shots.
Moved further north, should have started here really..off the camera into Snapseed, upped shadows. Can't wait to edit them properly when I'm home.

Wow, nice shot! I went MW hunting in the South Downs last night but it turned out to be a pretty cold and misty outing, still was rather happy with the end results!

DSC_0256_zpshnhzgbai.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'll make a Skye thread once I've edited all of my images.
I'm also putting together a timelapse. 3462 images from my Canon 6d already edited plus a load of GoPro stuff to sort this week. My laptop is crying.

25464044370_2d662a19a6_c.jpg
Three amigos by Aaron, on Flickr