ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Try going back to the same place when the sun is a lot lower and better light.

Here's a video, the guy is great on photoshop

Clio 200T
My most successful pic on Flickr so far. I'm a bit proud to hit 50'000 views on a photo just a little less than a year of photographing :blush:
23623259713_27480b6928_b.jpg
Infinity by N.Oberson, auf Flickr

and a few more of this day at the lake:

23629591784_658ed231db_b.jpg
Illusion by N.Oberson, auf Flickr

24273371236_c9831897ba_b.jpg
untitled by N.Oberson, auf Flickr

24230752525_556ea008a1_b.jpg
Docks by N.Oberson, auf Flickr

24201865706_de058bd0ef_b.jpg
untitled by N.Oberson, auf Flickr

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Thanks mate - yep, was taken with the 50mm F1.8 - such a good lens for the price.

I need to bite the bullet on a new lens tbh, I've been so slack recently... need something to get me interested again!

Is a 50mm good for car photography too? That's what I'm after really, just a good depth of field for that kind of stuff. Can anyone recommend me one? For a Nikon D3200. Thanks!

Also think I need a polarizing filter?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
great pics on this page, nice close of the bird just above fills up the frame nicely and great colours on the boats and i think the brids on the top of the pic could be mistaken for dirt , personal preference to brush them out or leave them in, i'd of gotten rid of the really small ones

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
great pics on this page, nice close of the bird just above fills up the frame nicely and great colours on the boats and i think the brids on the top of the pic could be mistaken for dirt , personal preference to brush them out or leave them in, i'd of gotten rid of the really small ones
Thanks for the feedback! I hadn't really paid much attention to the birds before but now you say it, it makes loads of sense!
I am really liking my new lens, I just seem to be able to get much better pictures with it.

Clio 182 - RB
Don't know if this is the right thread to be putting this in but hey ho...

Can anybody recommend a good quality camera for family use with a budget of £150? IPhone camera is very poor and when uploading to the computer its all fuzzy [emoji36]

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Love that last shot!
I'm gutted that the snow has fallen in time for me to start me shift at work. Hopefully there will be some left when I'm on my off shift.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Can anybody recommend a good quality camera for family use with a budget of £150? IPhone camera is very poor and when uploading to the computer its all fuzzy [emoji36]
Wrong thread.. There are others about cameras etc.. But do you have a case on the phone or is the lens dirty...?

Odd that it presumably looks OK on the phone but no good on the computer...

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini

Id say you're doing something wrong if they are fuzzy. The iPhone camera (at least the iPhone 6) is a very good camera for a phone and is far better than the digital camera I have from a few years ago.

Upload an example of one of the photos so we can see what you are getting.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
A couple from me.
24463605040_8ec71bc5ca_c.jpg
No passage landward
by Aaron, on Flickr

And a new style which I want to do more with. Time slice, which is a number of images stacked and then a slice from each frame kept. Would work better over a longer time (probably a few hours going from day to night) but I tried it with a few shots of the above lighthouse. This was 20 shots iirc.
24479942850_579fde2d1a_c.jpg
Penmon Time Slice
by Aaron, on Flickr

And another from an old star trail set. Cocked i'l a bit. 80 shots for this one.

24484618850_707cd6da4a_c.jpg
Duke slice
by Aaron, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers @nius02
It's something I'll be trying on my next sat of days off.

You should get a better milky way shot in a few months when more of it is visible in the northern hemisphere.

Lou

DSC02707.JPG

My first attempt at photographing the ISS. Lots of light pollution as was taken from my back garden.

Lou

Good first effort.
What did you use? I see there's a lot of shake/movement in the trail of the ISS.

Sony A58, 18mm, 30 second exposure at f5 ISO400.
Shake is more than likely due to tripod standing on stones in the garden and me moving behind it.
Will try again tonight if it's clear.