ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

2014 Focus Titanium
Here's a couple from today:

5280606660_3721214962_z.jpg

5280609730_f42a84311e_z.jpg

5280006331_6233631118_z.jpg

5280002247_ba633acd55_z.jpg

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Dan - loving the Bokeh of your lights, but i will top trump you on it later, as I have just got myself an 85 F1.4...G lens !!!!

Dan - loving the Bokeh of your lights, but i will top trump you on it later, as I have just got myself an 85 F1.4...G lens !!!!

Damn you! But that was taken with the Sigma 85mm 1.4, which many say is just as good (if not better in some areas) than the Nikon

So there! :rasp: ;)

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Damn you! But that was taken with the Sigma 85mm 1.4, which many say is just as good (if not better in some areas) than the Nikon

So there! :rasp: ;)

Am I right in thinking the G lens is circa £1k? Wish I had a spare grand to spend on a lens.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I did buy it dan, cost me £1600.
I only went for the Nikon, as I know I will have a decent warranty should things go nasty, as one of my mates works at Nikon.

the Sigma is better I think optically?

LY 182 FF CUPPED
yes mate, got home Saturday night.

Should out of the Army in 6 months ready to set up my own business.

I will call you sometime next week.

we both use a D3^^^

Looking for 182
I treated myself at Christmas :)

f34ed045.jpg

A couple of photos taken with the new camera and lens, inevitable cat test photos:

5258315375_1f6be9308a_z.jpg

5262162896_002c20f1a8_z.jpg

Oh, and I made a stupid video of him too!!

[youtube]tsYGqjhJrv0[/youtube]

And a quick snap of my girlfriend in the garden (with the 135L this time)

5297184022_55ed357b16_z.jpg

Cupra
Nice choice! The 35L shots look good too. I am going to see if I can borrow a couple of the top end primes to have a play with at some point. 35,85 & 135 = Done. :)

What are you using for the slider? I have also been playing with video a bit recently and wanted to make something but all attempts so far have not been that smooth.

Looking for 182
Nice choice! The 35L shots look good too. I am going to see if I can borrow a couple of the top end primes to have a play with at some point. 35,85 & 135 = Done. :)

What are you using for the slider? I have also been playing with video a bit recently and wanted to make something but all attempts so far have not been that smooth.

The 35L and the 135L are my two favourite lenses, I love them. I think I'll have to skimp on the 85 though and get the F1.8 version which seems to be a fantastic lens for the money.

For the panning motion I actually had it on one of those mini tripods called a Gorillapod. I just turned the camera on the thread which you use to mount the camera whilst holding the tripod still on top of a box which I had placed on the floor. I'd love to get more into video, but just making that short clip made me realise it's a completely different kettle of fish which will take a LOT of patience and learning. Plus my PC isn't really up to it at the moment, I'm due and upgrade but just spent loads of camera and car stuff :(

Cupra
I'd probably use the 135 the most I think. I use my 70-200 a lot for it at the minute, but it just gets a bit big, heavy and noticeable at times.

It looked like you were going sideways, but on second watch I see the pan. Doh. :)

Editing the MOV files can take a while and a lot of computer power. I used it as a good excuse the upgrade my PC. The i5's are more than up to the job though. I am quite enjoying the film side at the minute though. The focusing and smooth motion are the only downsides of using the 5 for film. Lens IS also gives jerky images if you pan or move the camera too much.

Oil Burner
Thats a great setup you have bought there, love the 135 shots and on a FF camera...... Must resist Full Frame goodness