ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
FLOL at that cat video! Dunno why but made me proper laugh. Really tempted by a canon now, even though I'm a Nikon boy.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
POTM.jpg

NostalgiaCone.jpg

Only got a rubbish little Fujifilm digital camera but quite like these two shots, obviously edited the cone.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
^yep, and a tripod :)

(and filter usually too)

Britta ?

I treated myself at Christmas :)

A couple of photos taken with the new camera and lens, inevitable cat test photos:

Oh, and I made a stupid video of him too!!

Cat test pics are awesome. I need a test cat.

That vid made me LOL a bit !! "What is he doing with the camera now..... oh.. oh no, look away... this is going on YouTube isn't it....*sigh*... "

Ultra Red Megane 175
Another one I quite liked from the same trip as above:

5347746482_ea3dc4533f_z.jpg

I wasn't 100% happy with the 'Brick' shot I posted, so I did a subtle re-edit which I'm pleased with:

5347031711_0e658e7572_z.png

Rhod

Fiesta ST-3
This is my next type of photography I want to try. Went and bought myself a cokin filter and holder today. Looks great Rhod.

Looking for 182
My girlfriend and I hadn't done any photos for ages so we decided to do some at the weekend. I was in a really unexplainable bad mood and I just couldn't be bothered, no thought went into it, which led to me getting a bit stroppy and giving up after about 10 minutes, fortunately she was very patient and just let me get on with it. Anyway, I loaded the shots up and started experimenting. In this particular shot one of the flashes which was being used as a kind of hair light/rim light (bit of a mix of the two, I just wanted some light from the left) didn't fire, which meant my only light was from the softbox to camera right. So anyway, I started playing and went for a kind of horror movie poster, cross beauty shot. Not 100% happy with it but it kept me busy in PS for a while, which is the main thing. It distracted me from real work :p

5368440388_4067ff4421_b.jpg

And a landscape crop

5368474518_617c0f1bdf_z.jpg

I think I over processed it a bit but I got carried away.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Taken last night. Not great but I was in a hurry.
The bright moon behind clouds.

Also includes:
Couple of stars in there, few plane lights, and trails.

Fiesta ST-3
Some more nights shots from me. It's all I get to do as I work until 5/6pm and weekends some times. Its a local Cathedral with a ford running through it.

5373359423_d41ca7dcee_z.jpg

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Pretty sure he's a terrapin not a turtle, i had one too. They smell like s**t.

Terrapins and turtles are the same thing, in the UK we tend to call fresh water turtles terrapins and sea turtles turtles.
US call all water based shelled reptiles turtles are tortoises same as we do.
The Aussies call all shelled reptiles turtles including tortoises.

I have 2 cumberland sliders and they don't smell. Just need the right filter and cleaning correctly.

D5000, 50mm, On cam YN460 facing ceiling at 1/32.
5354127527_80e59f31c1.jpg

0114113 by ipodsandguns, on Flickr

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Following lots of moon pics, I have one from the summer whilst in Spain.
Not the the best, but I love the texture you can see on it!

LY 182 FF CUPPED
All in a days work

the first one has me in the bottom left corner, the second showing the (approx) shot I got.

43Bde-2011-004095A.jpg

LAND-2011-012-3XXMRX-051.jpg