ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Another one from me,

6744803671_32db2eca7d.jpg

Starbucks Coffee by Niall97, on Flickr

Thanks for the comments guys, Really appreciated right now :)

They are really good, There is a poster on detailingworld who posts up lots of similar pics so forgive me If I am quayed out (is that a word;))

that said the last shot is new to me and would love to see some more of that, in colour!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Cheers, Brazo it does. But it's a 30 mile drive from my house.. I'll wait til sunrises get a tad later! Not sleeping as it is lately! Off out tomorrow to St marys lighthouse for sunset so we'll see what happens!

Cheers Dredz ;-)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Not bad Matt... try turning the colour temp down to 2500 / 3000 and see if it looks any better - i.e.: it takes the orangey glow out of the streetlamps.

:)

I had a go at urban star trailing last night for a work photo competition.

6751642773_5a7203f6a2_z.jpg

Laindon Star Stacking by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Decided to give a bit of Urban Star stacking a go !

100x 35s RAW exposures.
10mm @ f/4 - ISO200
Cooled from 3400K to 2500K but basically as shot otherwise.

Stacked with http://www.starstax.net - as usual, epic bit of software. 400MB of jpegs smashed together in 32 seconds.

Better viewed here full screen: decluttr.com/6751642773/

Slow red one
Not bad Matt... try turning the colour temp down to 2500 / 3000 and see if it looks any better - i.e.: it takes the orangey glow out of the streetlamps.

:)

I had a go at urban star trailing last night for a work photo competition.

6751642773_5a7203f6a2_z.jpg

Laindon Star Stacking by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Decided to give a bit of Urban Star stacking a go !

100x 35s RAW exposures.
10mm @ f/4 - ISO200
Cooled from 3400K to 2500K but basically as shot otherwise.

Stacked with http://www.starstax.net - as usual, epic bit of software. 400MB of jpegs smashed together in 32 seconds.

Better viewed here full screen: decluttr.com/6751642773/
So did you just take 100 photos one after the other? each one for 35 secs? Where abouts did you set the focus to? Will have to give this a go.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
So did you just take 100 photos one after the other? each one for 35 secs? Where abouts did you set the focus to? Will have to give this a go.

Focus was nigh on infinity. Stars are far away, remember !

buzz-lightyear-of-star-command-1.png

My remote ( click me and make sure you get one that is compatible with your camera.. ) did most of the hard work. I stayed inside in the warm whilst it snapped away for an hour :D

Great shots Geordie and TEG.

Thanks Chief !

Mk2 ph1 clio
Thanks for the feedback everyone.. Until today I've been restricted to 5 posts a day so I wasn't being ignorant!

Brazo you have some top notch stuff sir!

Adele, Great shot as always. Love looking through your flickr!

Gavin that's a shot I've been wanting to do for ages! Well taken!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Cheers! A friend of mine on facebook joined the navy and he mentioned the ark royal and I remembered being on it a couple of years back! Such an awesome bit of kit!