ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Disastra Coupe
First attempt at anything like this, so it's probably not great to the more experienced. Had to clone out part's of the seat he was sat on and the reflection of the torch in his eye. I'm pretty happy with it :)

6772800915_3eeea4549e_z.png

travis! by chippen172, on Flickr

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Love that Scott.

Really want to give light painting a go, you just using the torch from your iphone?

RIP Dan
Nice shot Scott.

Emir, that picture is very nice, you need to straighten it and maybe crop it. Also you can make the clouds pop a bit in Lightroom or Aperture, I can't remember how I do it with out fiddling, but Dan, Brazo or someone clever will know.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Well I decided to dig out the camera tonight for the first time in ages and have a play with light painting.

Didn't come out as badly as I thought it would from a first attempt, but it was just a practice really. Going to hunt down a decent LED torch tomorrow and try to avoid any ghosting/hotspots next time. The iPhone torch isn't ideal, lol (no idea how you got it to work so well Scott!). The car was properly dirty too.

6778184383_3f534025ed.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nice attempt, looks like you need a bigger (more powerful) light source. Making all the lines on the car look pretty is the hardest bit though!

Was reading your blog for tips before mate, so thanks!

Yeah, I'm going torch hunting tomorrow. It's pretty tricky to get right, plus decided to come in as the neighbours were looking at me like I was a right mentalist.

Fiesta ST-3
Was reading your blog for tips before mate, so thanks!

Yeah, I'm going torch hunting tomorrow. It's pretty tricky to get right, plus decided to come in as the neighbours were looking at me like I was a right mentalist.

Hi mate can you post the exit to your light painting image.

RIP Dan
Took some great pics yesterday, the problem being that I didn't have a memory card in my camera.

Idiot?

Yes, yes I am.

Fiesta ST-3
No worries mate. Still not sure how you got the iPhone to work so well!

Flickr's being a pita with copying/pasting, but the link's here.

Spotted your problem straight away. Your not letting enough light into the camera.

The exif for mine was

30 second exposure
f2.8
ISO 400.

Although I had the shutter open for 30 seconds I didn't light the car for that time. Try those settings and let me know how you get on mate. Just make sure you are some where very dark.