ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Some rather s**te ones but what do you think? First two are blurry but since I can't find the manual focus (Fuji S1600) there wasn't much I could do :(

Spoilered because they may take a while to load ;)
DSCF1392.jpg

DSCF1401.jpg

DSCF1471.jpg

DSCF1476.jpg
Don't know if I posted this before but this is my favourite so far.
DSCF1491small.jpg

Nice shot Brazo. The only thing I would do to that is straighten the verticals a bit, like the building at the very left of the frame.

Otherwise......thumbs up :)

Meg 225
Brazo nice shot! Really love your work, always so much color in your pic's! Was this one straight out of the camera or edited? Apart from straighten it.

Brazo nice shot! Really love your work, always so much color in your pic's! Was this one straight out of the camera or edited? Apart from straighten it.

Thanks Paul, colours actually aren't as purple as I would have liked, I have more to post up with straight out of camera colours that actually look more "unrealistic" than this lol! It's a combination of pollution, long exposure and twilight!

Great shot Brazo. What lens? As your images always have amazing clarity to them!

Hi Scott, thanks, lens is actually the much criticized Sony 16mm e mount prime. I do however have a Carl Zeiss on order so watch this space;)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Another cracker there Brazo.

Took this the other day coming in from work. Had to crop quite a bit and its not as sharp as I would like but I don't think I wil get any sharper unless I spend on new glass.

6840286615_f02e901e04_z.png

Hoyle seal by A_Cro, on Flickr

RS Clio 182
A few from the Lake District yesterday - doesn anyone know if its possible to make any money regarding royalties from these kind of landscpe shots - do IStock or Getty accept this kind of stuff?

P1050910.jpg

P1050898.gif

P1050908.jpg

They would yes...but..saying this constructively...they would generally be looking for higher quality shots than that.

By all means try, but I would be VERY surprised if any were accepted.

RS Clio 182
They would yes...but..saying this constructively...they would generally be looking for higher quality shots than that.

By all means try, but I would be VERY surprised if any were accepted.

Cheers mate..do you mean higher quality in resolution or there just not good enough? I think the 1st & 2nd are one of my personal best ive taken from over the years..

Well they would certainly need to be higher resolution too.

Those sites are looking for very high quality work.

Your photos are nice don't get me wrong, there are things you could improve though...little things like making sure the horizons are dead level, the post(?) in the bottom right of the second photo is very distracting and should be cropped/cloned out etc.

I personally wouldn't even try submitting my own work, as I know for well that a pro would have taken the same shot as me (in those landscape locations) and done a much better job (than me).

RS Clio 182
Well they would certainly need to be higher resolution too.

Those sites are looking for very high quality work.

Your photos are nice don't get me wrong, there are things you could improve though...little things like making sure the horizons are dead level, the post(?) in the bottom right of the second photo is very distracting and should be cropped/cloned out etc.

I personally wouldn't even try submitting my own work, as I know for well that a pro would have taken the same shot as me (in those landscape locations) and done a much better job (than me).

Cheers for the advice mate - yeah these are just raw photos,so havnt had time yet to crop the post out or (tried) to straighten them etc. I did look on the IStock site a while ago,and they seemed to be after people & crowd shots rather than landscape & nature ones. I suppose anyone with a decent camera can go out and take similar ones - on the other hand,there must always be some people out there who are willing to pay for these kind of shots..

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
With regards to the landscape shots that have been taken, isn't the general rule that it shouldn't be 50/50 (as in 50% sky and 50% land) but it should be 33% of one and 66% of the other? It doesn't matter which way round. That was one of the first things we were taught in photography class at college.

^^Rule of thirds you mean. Yes thats one rule, a 60/40 split also works nicely imo and a square can be nice too with a 50:50 split. To be honest there are a lot of compositional rules but they all stem from fine art.

Am happy to have all the C&C on the world on this one, took it on Sunday with my 10 stopper. Its St Pauls
, was alsmots trying to make some sort of apocolyptic statement lol. Do I spend the time to process it properly or nice idea, didn't really work!

6842797049_87fdaffd9d_z.png

Empty by Brazo76, on Flickr

I like the leading lines you created using the barrier things (or whoever you call them), so the composition is good...although perhaps a bit on the 50:50 side.

There's something odd about the B+W post processing though. Hard to explain, it's almost as if you made one of those dramatic HDR shots, then grey scaled it. Maybe a bit more contrast, so it's more 'punchy'?

Thats cool Tim! Just nosed your exif and you used a 400mm lens, was the shot cropped at all, as you can see the pilots!

BG Clio 182
Thats cool Tim! Just nosed your exif and you used a 400mm lens, was the shot cropped at all, as you can see the pilots!

To be honest i dont think it was i took it from Beachy Head Cliffs just outside of Eastbourne so we were slightly elevated, and they came straight over the top of us.

^nice! Was that this morning's sunrise?

I hope not as I turned back over in bed as it was so cold when my alarm went off at 6.15am :eek:

Its a sunset from a a few weeks back now, was very intense but very short lived, literally my next 3-4 exposures had nothing of the intensity.