ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Megane RS Caught Testing

Lee

BMW M2C

That rear end was starting to grow on me, but all of a sudden Ive gone off it again!!

Still, it does look quite menacing.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The rear end is hideous.. if it looked more like the Clio i would deffo get one (or the original megane shape) but I want a car that brings a smile to my face, not make me put a paper bag over it everytime i get in.

Just sold my Cup and going to pick my new megane up on Friday.Speaking to the dealer to see when i can order the RS but he hasnt had any firm dates yet i cant wait.

in 2005 we will race Megane RS instead of Clio RS in The Netherlands. This car was already on racetrack one month ago as Raceversion. it will have around 250 Bhp

Rangerover Supercharged

Ive got to admit I do like the new Megane, I think the cup will get part exhanged when it comes out, the shape has really grown on me.

The Jinx

The rear really looks like it lends itself to good cornering as well, since all the weight is above the rear wheels, and not aft of them. Should reduce any pendulum swing effect.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 30 July 2003

Just wait for the new Clio as thats likely to have a turbo...
as long as it doesnt get that "rear end" of the megane then I will probably get the new clio (if its turbod)

Renault Laguna Coupe

No mention of 4wd though. 220bhp in a front-drive car is a lot. Looks-wise its great IMO, proper in yer face design. Theyll need to price it to compete with the CTR.

The Jinx

I reckon itll be in the region of £16-17k. Anymore is pushing it. Although if it came with 220bhp as standard they could pitch it more at the 147GTA/FRS bracket. In which case £20k would be competetive.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Why?

Focus Rs £20k

Golf r32 £silly cash

alfa 147 gta £22k

Even with 200bhp its a possible contender in this sector

and you know its going to be loaded up with equipment

The Jinx

A 200bhp hatch for £20k?! The CTR has 197bhp and is pitched at £17k. The Leon Cupra R has 210bhp and is pitched at £17k and has most toys youd want.

Clio 172 Mk2

Ive seen a clio with the new Megane tail pipe on it its sweet ill be getting 1 of them. and i have the pic to prove it if any one is intrested.

Renault Laguna Coupe

The new Cupra R (2004) will be £18k with 220bhp and all the toys (even includes a tracker). The Cupra has an established reputation nowadays, I reckon the Megane will need to meet it head-on on price to sell in any volume.

Has anyone considered that this may be a megane where the owner has stuck 2 exhausts on the back and a set of 18inch rims - its not an official photo? Still nice though - say a blue one the other day with a set of 19s on and the wheels really made a difference!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Anyone have any idea which engine theyre going to be using and will it fit directly into a 172...or do we just need to change the 172 head to a megane RS head?

Tom why dont you think it will be cooler?

It will look better, go faster and have way more power...and a turbo! :D

Whether it will drive better remains to be seen but it will be much cooler!!

(imo)

2.0L Turbo ............6 secs to 60.............not really worth changing the cup then for 0.4 secs....................if it had been sub 5.5 then maybe...........still not really a contender for any of the Jap specials..........suppose the Focus RS will have a bit of trouble but on the road I wouldnt expect to see much hassle from one for any 172 driver.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by G16NNN on 30 July 2003Tom why dont you think it will be cooler?It will look better

AAAAAHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!! A ! HA ! HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA..